Motu 112D Thunderbolt Digital Audio Interface
Motu 112D Thunderbolt Digital Audio Interface Overview by GAK
The Motu 112D is a state-of-the-art, Thunderbolt-equipped Digital Audio Interface, Router, Format Convert and Mixer. This very flexible unit from Motu is the ideal addition to any studio, featuring 24 channels of AES/EBU, 24 Channels of ADAT optical and 64 channels of MADI (AES10) for a total of 112 simultaneous digital I/O channels, all in a single rack space. The Motu 112D has multiple uses, one is serving as a central digital hub, unifying all your studio equipment e.g. mixing consoles & workstations, and then link it all to an AVB audio network with sub-millisecond routing.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 64 channels of MADI (AES10)
- 24 channels of AES/EBU
- 24 channels of ADAT optical
- The 112D provides one set of BNC (coaxial) MADI connectors (in and out), which provide 64 (or 56) channels of I/O at 1x sample rates, 32 (or 28) channels at 2x rates and 16 (or 14) channels at 4x rates (up to 192 kHz).
- Three 8-channel banks of AES/EBU I/O on standard 25-pin D-sub connectors provide 24 channels at 1x and 2x sample rates (up to 96 kHz). Six banks of ADAT optical I/O provide 24 channels of optical I/O, either with three 8-channel banks at 1x sample rates or with six 4-channel banks of SMUX at 2x sample rates.
- 112D front and rear panels
- Connect all your MADI, AES/EBU and optically-equipped gear, plus your computer, mixing console, and AVB network, then route channels from anywhere to anywhere else. With a few finger taps on your iPad screen, you can convert any format to any other. AVB network cable runs can be up to 100 meters long on standard, affordable CAT-6 wiring. For any situation that involves both MADI and audio networking, the 112D serves as an economical and capable MADI-to-AVB converter with near-zero latency and flexible routing and splitting to/from the AVB network.
- Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. The 112D allows you to mix audio from any and all sources: the local digital inputs, computer audio channels and other devices on the AVB network.
- Flexible computer connectivity
- Like MOTU's popular 1248, 8M and 16A interfaces, the 112D provides 128 simultaneous channels of computer I/O over Thunderbolt. All seven interfaces in the lineup, the 112D included, offer cross-platform, class compliant, high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS), or, as an alternative to USB or Thunderbolt, audio interface operation over AVB Ethernet when connected to a recent-generation Mac running Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10). One primary benefit of using MOTU devices as an AVB audio interface is that you can place the 112D or other MOTU interface up to 100 meters away from your computer using standard, affordable cabling.