Motu Monitor 8
Motu Monitor 8 Overview by GAK
The Motu Monitor 8 is a 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, USB/AVB Audio Interface with 48-channel mixing, AVB audio networking and 6-channel headphone amp. This 3-in-1 device is great for both on stage and in-studio use thanks to it's professional analogue audio quality making the Motu Monitor a great choice of primary audio interface or monitor mixer. Connect primary and secondary PA speakers or studio monitors to Main and Aux Outs. Then use six additional, independent monitor groups (A through F) to connect up to 12 headphones, 6 stage monitors, and four stereo in-ear modules or other stereo line out destinations.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Three products in one - 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface.
- Superb audio quality - Employs the same award-winning analog design as MOTU's groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 24 inputs and 8 stereo bus outputs - Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 32 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical.
- Six monitor groups with flexible outputs - Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2x 1/4-inch phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4-inch mono out for stage monitors, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4-inch outs.
- Universal connectivity - Connects to a computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects - Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion - Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking - Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting - Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control - Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favourite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control - Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the Monitor 8 with a standard Ethernet cable and control the Monitor 8's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live show monitor mixing.
- Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. The unit's extensive routing grid patches ins to outs, or splits inputs to multiple destinations. Use Monitor 8 as a stand-alone mixer and control everything from the Monitor 8's innovative web app running on your iPad™, iPhone™, tablet, smart phone, and laptop. Connect a second MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai or 24Ao) with a simple Ethernet cable. Add more I/O with the MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build an AVB audio network with multiple switches and sub-millisecond latency, even over long cable runs. Stream hundreds of channels among devices and computers on the network. From studio to stage, Monitor 8 delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.