Volta is a virtual instrument plug-in that turns your audio interface into a voltage control interface.
Any hardware device with a control voltage (CV) input can be placed under precise digital control from your favorite audio workstation software. You can play and automate modulars, analog synths - even effects processors.
Imagine being able to play and automate your CV-equipped analog gear from Digital Performer, Logic Pro, or Live with the same level of control, precision and convenience as a virtual instrument.
Here are just a few examples of what you can do with Volta:
Perform MIDI sequencing with external modular synths with sample-accurate precision (if your host sequencer supports sample-accurate MIDI).
Automatically calibrate and tune oscillators with the click of a button.
Use ramp automation in your host audio software to control filters, envelope generators, effects processors and other voltage-controlled external gear.
Apply LFOs, step sequencers and pattern sequencers to CV inputs and tempo-sync them to your host software timeline.
Whether you're a seasoned modular synthesizer devotee or simply a computer-based studio owner dreaming of adding that rich, coveted sound only true analog synths can deliver, Volta finally enables you to easily incorporate CV-equipped analog gear into your computer-based studio with all the control, precision and convenience of a virtual instrument.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later
- A digital audio workstation application that hosts MAS (MOTU Audio System) or Audio Unit (AU) instrument plug-ins and supports multiple instrument sidechain outputs, such as Digital Performer, Logic, or Live.
- An audio interface with DC-coupled outputs, such as any MOTU FireWire, USB2, or PCI audio interface with quarter-inch TRS outputs.
- The proper cable type for your interface.
- External audio hardware that responds to control voltage signals, such as modular analog synthesizers, vintage monosynths, etc.
- A free USB port for the iLok USB key. Note that if you have multiple products which use iLoks for authorization you can consolidate multiple authorizations onto a single iLok;