Music Man StingRay Special Bass, Maple, Black
First introduced in 1976, the Music Man StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature onboard active equalisation. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucker. All of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
What has changed on the new StingRay Special?
- Rebuilt from the Ground Up: Optimised, modernised, yet so familiar, the new StingRay bass is tailor-made for today's most discerning players.
- 5-Bolt Sculpted Neck Joint: The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
- Refined Body Contours: Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
- Revoiced. Powerful Neodynium Pickups: The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds.
- New 18-Volt Preamp: A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
- Reborn. Lightweight Performance: The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.
- Reengineered Hardware: Reengineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.