Music Man Sabre HH, Honey Suckle, Special Order
Overview by GAK
Music Man’s Sabre series are beautifully crafted, high-performance guitars. Boasting an absolutely stunning array of premium finishes, top quality materials and a versatile array of tones, the Sabre stands at the cutting edge of modern guitar design. If you need an instrument that can inspire your playing to new heights, get your hands on a Music Man Sabre.
Making its debut in 1978, the Music Man Sabre was originally a design that came from the minds of two guitar design legends - Leo Fender & George Fullerton - and was the second guitar made under the Music Man moniker. This version of the Sabre is by far the best incarnation so far, combining Music Man’s incredible craftsmanship with cutting-edge modern appointments. The result is a high-performance guitar that is effortlessly playable and sounds fantastic.
Laying the foundation for the Sabre’s incredible tone is its solid Okoume body and 1/2" thick book-matched Flame Maple top, which is adorned with natural binding and a subtle carve. The combination of these tonewoods creates a natural sound that is beautifully balanced, with tonnes of resonance and sustain. The mid-range warmth of the Okoume body is perfectly complemented by the clear trebles of the Flame Maple top.
The Sabre’s slender body has been carefully contoured to provide the most comfortable playing experiencing, whilst retaining a classy and elegant style. Plus, whilst the Sabre feels robust and substantial, it isn’t back-breakingly heavy so you can use it for extended performances.
Giving the Music Man Sabre its commanding voice is its pair of custom-wound MM humbuckers, which are directly mounted onto the body. Put simply, these pickups are warm, punchy and full with plenty of note definition. There’s a vast array of tones available here, allowing you to cover virtually any style you throw at it, from crushing metal riffs to crisp funk comping.
With the 5-way switch, you can quickly access a range of inspiring configurations, including series, parallel and coil-split tones.
Effortless Playing Experience
One of the most compelling aspects of the Sabre is its slick, effortless playability. This is catered for by the gorgeous figured Roasted Maple neck, which features a comfortable Slim C profile and is topped with 22 medium high-profile stainless steel frets. The Sabre’s neck finish is a blend of Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax, providing a smooth, luxurious feel. If you’re a technique-oriented player or an aspiring virtuoso, you will love the way the Sabre plays.
The Sabre’s hardware is top-notch and gives it workhorse reliability that you’d expect from an instrument of this calibre. With the Modern Tremolo bridge, you can pull off wide, expressive bends and return back to spot-on pitch. Rock-solid tuning stability is covered by the precision-engineered Schaller M6-IND locking machine heads.
The Music Man Sabre is a testament to the company’s prowess as world-class guitar builders. Its looks will make you want to pick it up and its astounding playability & sound will keep you from putting it down. This is a professional-grade instrument that can meet the demands of the most discerning player. If you’re looking for a guitar that will have you playing, sounding and looking your best, the Music Man Sabre is hard to beat.
- All new sabre: Crafted with a slender, contoured body and slightly wider nut width, the Sabre guitar provides unmatched comfort and playability.
- Premium top + binding: The Sabre's bookmatched premium top is adorned with natural binding, which elegantly highlights the raw beauty of the figured maple wood grain.
- Roasted figured maple necks: Featuring a roasted figured maple neck with comfortable slim c profile and 1 11⁄16" nut width.
- Finest materials: The Sabre's 1/2" bookmatched flame maple top is subtly carved and tastefully accented with a natural binding. The backside of the slender, contoured body is made of highly resonant okoume.
- Designed to perfection: The Sabre offers two custom Music Man designed humbucking pickups delivering a hot and lively, dynamic sound with striking clarity and sustain. Featuring a 5-way switch for tonal diversity and Music Man's super smooth and reliable modern tremolo system.
- Schaller locking tuners: The Sabre features Schaller M6-IND locking tuners in Chrome or Black hardware.
- All new finishes: The Sabre comes in 4 stunning new finishes: Gator Burst, Bougie Burst, Deep Blue Burst, and Honey Suckle.
- Model: Sabre Guitar
- Size: 12-7/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 38-1/8" long (32.7 cm wide, 4.4 cm thick, 96.8 cm long)
- Body Wood: Okoume
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Body Bindings: Natural Wood
- Bridge: Music Man® Modern tremolo with crescent cover and vintage bent steel saddles
- Pickguard: None
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width stainless steel
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Figured Roasted Maple Neck
- Fingerboard: Figured Roasted Maple
- Fret Markers: 1/4" Black Dot inlay
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Roasted
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminium control cover
- Controls: 500kohm volume and tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: HH - 2 Music Man® custom wound humbucking with chrome covers, Bridge-Alnico 5 magnets, Neck-Ceramic 6 magnet
- Left Handed: No
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26w-36w-46w (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240)