MXR M303 Clone Looper Pedal
The MXR Clone Looper Pedal is highly engineered for incredible sound quality, comes packed with features in a pedalboard-friendly housing, and can be as simple or complex as your needs dictate. Everything you expect from an MXR pedal, in other words.
Whether you’re practicing at home, captivating audiences with improv compositions onstage, or weaving intricate sonic tapestries in the studio, the Clone Looper Pedal has you covered. Just plug in, power up, and start recording an unlimited number of layers—up to 6 minutes long—that will be stored even when the pedal is off. A super convenient LED gives you a flashing 4 count to the beginning of the loop so you can keep your overdubs tight. Loops can be stopped and started in an instant, and your most recent layer can be undone just as fast. Run effects to your heart’s content—with storage sample rates up to 88.2kHz, so this little box will handle even high-gain distortion with ease. To keep your pre-loop signal intact, the MXR team also included an analog through-path. On top of that, the Clone Looper Pedal can be set for either buffered bypass or true bypass switching to accommodate your tone and signal needs.
The Clone Looper Pedal also comes packed with options for sonic explorers, from changing up the speed of your loop—to double-speed (3 minutes of recording time) or half-speed (12 minutes)—to reversing it entirely. Connecting an MXR Tap Tempo Switch to the CTR jack allows you to control all of these functions externally. The EXP jack provides further external control options when you connect a DVP volume pedal to adjust the loop’s output level or an MXR Tap Tempo Switch to engage Play Loop Once mode, which allows you to pull off smooth live performances and re-trigger your loop over and over again for DJ-style stutter effects.
Pedalboard-friendly and built like a tank, the Clone Looper Pedal is easier to use and delivers higher fidelity signal reproduction than any other looper of its type—hands down.
- Unprecedented sound quality and feature set for a looper this compact
- Loop storage rates up to 88.2kHz handle even high-gain distortion with ease
- Record loops up to 6 minutes long with unlimited dubs
- Quickly undo your most recent dub
- Play/Stop switch allows you to start & stop your loop in an instant
- Retains loop even when powered off
- Convenient green LED flashes 4 count to the beginning of your loop
- Set your loop to double-speed, half-speed, or play it in reverse with onboard Volume control or external MXR Tap Tempo Switch connected to CTR jack
- EXP jack allows external control of output level with a DVP volume pedal or Play Loop Once mode with an MXR Tap Tempo Switch
- Play Loop Once mode allows you to pull off smooth live performances & re-trigger your loop for stuttering DJ effects Select buffered bypass or true bypass switching as your needs dictate
- Standard MXR housing for a pedalboard-friendly footprint
MXR gear is always good quality. For my first looper pedal it looked like a good choice. Maybe I should have given five stars, but in common with many digital pedals it's the way one has to operate them by using the few controls in multiple ways that winds me up. Short taps and long taps of the footswitches - which are fairly close together - and pushing down on the volume knob for additional functions mean you have to read and then re-read the instructions. Actually the manual has to be downloaded from their website. It's not about saving paper because there is a generic manual (guitar plugs in at the right side, lead to amp plugs in at the left) in a booklet containing more languages than I can identify. By the way, the pedal itself does exactly what it should and sound quality is great. It came with a power supply (wall wart) that is so light it must be a switched mode one, but I couldn't detect the high pitched noise that some of those cause, so I'm not going to moan about that. This may read a bit negatively, but overall I'm impressed.
Does what it said on the box.