Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2 USB Audio Interface
Native Instruments Komplete Audio Interfaces
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 1 and Audio 2 are entry-level audio interfaces that are great for musicians who are new to recording and music production. Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 MkII is the successor to the Komplete Audio 6, first released in 2011. This interface is aimed at bands, and people who need more inputs and outputs.
The Komplete Audio 1 and Komplete Audio 2 are 2-in/4-out audio interfaces are made from black plastic, making them lightweight (360g), but they still feel reassuringly solid and look sleek. The top half of the interface that’s reflective houses LED’s for two input meters, USB connection and 48v phantom power, while the matte half has two big output volume knobs. Both interfaces record in 24-bit resolution at up to 192 kHz, and have direct monitoring while recording.
Latencies are in line with USB 2.0 expectations, and direct monitoring is supported so you can hear yourself sing and play directly through the hardware with no latency before the signal reaches the computer.
Native Instruments’ Komplete Audio 1 USB is aimed at musicians who are new to recording and music production. It’s great for recording mono sounds like vocals and guitar simultaneously, and for podcasters and vloggers to capture multiple voices. You get an XLR input for vocals, and jack input for guitars or other line-in sounds. You can connect directly to hi-fi speakers with the RCA outputs, so you can hear your music out loud.
Komplete Audio 2 USB Audio Interface
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2 USB Audio Interface is great for musicians who are just starting out, wanting to record just vocals and guitar, and want an affordable way to discover the world of recording and production. It’s very similar to the Audio 1, but the Audio 2 gives you a bit more flexibility. You can plug in a pair of mics together using the two combi-XLR/jack inputs, both phantom powered and independently switchable between instrument and line levels. With the dual jack outputs, you can connect to studio monitors or plug in on stage.
In all, The Komplete Audio 1 and Audio 2 are great for beginners who want to get into recording, singer-songwriters, podcasters, vloggers, and musicians who need a compact little unit to throw in their bag so they can record anywhere.
Both come with software so you can start recording and producing right away - Ableton Live 10 Lite, Komplete Start, Maschine Essentials, 3x Studio Grade Effects, and 2 months free access to Sounds.com
The Komplete Audio 6 MKII Audio Interface is the successor to the Komplete Audio 6, first released in 2011. It’s an affordable interface that allows control over your modular system, with intuitive controls, great audio and a simple, modern aesthetic. With 6 ins/6-outs, it provides a flexible set of connections for studio and stage, with the 4 analog outputs allowing for CV control of modular gear.
The MKII has metal casing rather than black plastic like the Audio 1 and Audio 2 have, making it heavier but also giving it a more solid feel, and has rubber feet to stop it slipping around while you use it. It has the same half-matte, half-reflective top like the Audio 1 and Audio 2, which has LED VU-meters for the main stereo inputs and all four analog inputs. It keeps the top-mounted volume knob from the original Audio 6, but only controls the output volume of channels 1 and 2.
The other controls are on the front, making it easy to use. There’s two combi mic/line/instrument inputs which have individual gain knobs and 48v phantom power, twin headphone sockets which each have independent volume control, and can be switched to monitor outputs 1 and 2, or 3 and 4, with a knob that mixes between direct input monitoring and software monitoring from the host.
It also comes with software including Ableton Live Lite, Maschine Essentials, Monark, Replika, Phasis, and Solid Bus Comp, so you have everything you need to record and product tracks, with synths, effects, and more.
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2 USB Audio Interface
Made for easy stereo recording, the KOMPLETE AUDIO 2 is perfect for musicians, beat makers, or performers who want to capture ideas, produce, or play out with high-quality audio. Two combi-XLR/jack inputs make it easy to capture stereo sounds, bring in outboard gear like synths, and more. It also comes with all the software needed to bring ideas to life, including MASCHINE Essentials, Ableton Live Lite, MONARK, and top NI effects for polishing recordings.
KOMPLETE AUDIO 1 and 2 are a pair of simple, great-sounding audio interfaces with all the software you need to put ideas into action. From recording songs, to mixing down and playing out – they help you go from a spark of inspiration, to finished results you can be proud of. Choose between two – same sound, same software, different connections – and start creating outside of the box.
What's In The Box?
Included with the KOMPLETE AUDIO 2 is a bundle of software with all the tools for your sounds to shine!
MONARK: The spirit of legendary analog synthesizers, Monark provides great analog warmth to your tracks.
3 x STUDIO GRADE FX inc. powerful delay REPLIKA, creative phaser PHASIS, and SOLID BUS COMP, a fantastic punchy compressor.
MASCHINE ESSENTIALS: Fantastic groovebox full of samples, sounds and effects to start making tracks.
- 2 x inputs: 2x combi-XLR/jack inputs with 48V phantom power for flexible stereo recording
- Outputs: Stereo jack out for use at home, the studio, or on stage • VU Meter for accurately adjusting levels
- Direct Monitoring: zero-latency, high-power output
- Big volume knob for easily adjusting output level
- Input/host mix allows the option to hear playback while recording
- USB 2.0 powered for maximum portability
- Audio Quality: Premium quality at 192 kHz and 24 bit
- Compatible with Mac and PC (ASIO®/Core Audio/DirectSound®/ WASAPI)
- MASCHINE Essentials: Full MASCHINE software (same as MIKRO, MASCHINE MK3, JAM) with 1.6 GB MASCHINE Factory Selection of samples, one shots, loops, and instruments. Option to upgrade to full MASCHINE Factory Library and KOMPLETE 12 Select
- REPLIKA: professional creative delay plugin
- SOLID BUS COMP: powerful compressor for mixing and mastering
- PHASIS: timeless phasing effects for adding movement to any sound
- MONARK: warm vintage tones from the undisputed king of mono- phonic analog synths
- KOMPLETE START: NI’s free production suite is automatically included
- Ableton Live Lite: music creation software • 2 Months free subscription at Sounds.com
- macOS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update), Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)
- Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)
- USB 2.0 or higher (cable included)
- Graphics Card which Supports Open GL 2.1 or higher
- 3 GB free disk space for MASCHINE Essentials, plus 1 GB free disk space for all other software
No upgrades available
For the price, this is an excellent device
Excellent interface and included software is great.
Very Happy with this product. 5 stars
Very easy to setup and use