Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 Controller Keyboard
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 Controller Keyboard with Komplete 12
Fully integrated centrepiece controller keyboard for your studio and stage use.
Next day delivery
NI Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 Product Overview by GAK
Native Instruments have returned with a new and improved version of their popular Kontrol Keyboard series. The unit features 49 semi-weighted keys on a Pro grade Fatar Keybed, Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus an impressive touch strip for expression control.
The onboard display has been completely revamped, now featuring 2 high-res RGB screens, perfect for browsing, tweaking sounds and mixing. The precision Light Guide pinpoints the location of sounds, key zones, switches, scales, and more.
NI also bundle in their Komplete Select software which features 11 premium instruments (including Massive and Monark.) The S49 also allows you to utilise 3rd party VSTi's.
We recently held a Q&A with Native Instruments to discuss some of the new features and software integration.
What's the benefit of the new and improved screens?
Our new high-res RGB screens make browsing, tweaking and mixing so much easier. Another cool feature is that you can use the screens to view mix levels on your DAW.
Do the KOMPLETE KONTROLers work with MASCHINE?
Absolutely. The latest version of Maschine 2 software works with both Komplete Kontrol V1 and 2 series controllers. The MK2 versions offer up more hands on control of the software.
How well do the keyboards work with other VST instruments?
Many software developers are creating NKS compatible plugins which means your Komplete Kontroller will integrate seamlessly. If they're not specifically designed NKS plugins, some features will usually map automatically anyway and by using the software, you can easily map the other parameters and save your progress for quick recall.
What is NKS?
Our NKS plug in format allows software makers and developers to build plugins specifically for Maschine and Komplete Kontrol offering players and programmers insane control over their instruments. The beauty of this is that a lot of people want to use third party plugins but have been limited in terms of hands on control. That's becoming a thing of the past as we've opened up the platform.
Does it come with any software?
Yes, you will receive a copy of Komplete Select - Downloadable via Native Access.
Check out our GAK video of the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine MK3 below
- Smart keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments
- Pro-grade Fatar keybeds with aftertouch – 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus touch strip for expression control
- Pre-mapped control of KOMPLETE instruments and hundreds of
- Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) instruments from leading manufacturers
- Full VSTi support
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
- Two high-res color screens for browsing, tweaking, mixing, and more
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key highlight drum cells, key switches, chords, scales, and more
- Smart Play: See scales and modes on the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
- Deep integration with MASCHINE software / hardware
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and GarageBand. Cubase and Nuendo integration coming soon after initial release
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
- Two assignable pedal inputs •MIDIin/out
- USB 2.0 bus powered
- Includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT