Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 Digital DJ Controller
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS TRAKTOR S4 MKIII overview by GAK.
The NATIVE INSTRUMENTS TRAKTOR S4 is one of the most popular and flexible convergence digital DJ systems out there. It can be used as a 4 channel controller, in conjunction with CDJ's or vinyl decks, as a DVS system, or any combination of the above. This next-generation version of the system adds a host of amazing new features and motorised platters for
Haptic Drive™ gives you a new kind of feedback on touch-sensitive, motorized jog wheels. Change the torque and start/stop times to suit any DJ style – whether you’re a laid-back
Spinning jog wheels in Turntable Mode let you nudge and scratch like you would with vinyl. Or use classic Jog Mode for
The TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is equipped with an integrated, club-grade 24-bit / 96-kHz audio interface, with external input options on every channel. Connect turntables for crate-diggers, drum machines and synths for hybrid wizards, or anything else you can think of to push the boundaries of your mix. When connected to TRAKTOR PRO 3, the software adds headroom to the signal, before TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 gives it an analogue boost – meaning better sound at club levels.
- New large motorized jog wheels with haptic feedback in three modes: 1. Turntable mode, 2. Jog mode, 3. Beatgrid mode
- RGB LED Ring surrounding each jog wheel visualizes deck rotation in jog and turntable modes, track tempo, and deck selection (A and B in blue, C and D in orange)
- High-resolution color displays show track ID, key and tempo, transport data, waveform strip with track position, phase meter, loop length and state, as well as Remix and Stem decks control.
- New Mixer FX for instant one-knob effects and filters on each channel – choose from 8 FX and 3 filter types in addition to TRAKTOR deck effects.
- Pro Mixer Layout with longlife Carbon Protect faders, dedicated cue section on top plate, and adjustable crossfader curve. 16 RGB pads for triggering Hotcues, loops, or samples.
- Connectivity: Pro-grade 24-bit / 96-kHz audio interface, 2x stereo phono/line inputs, 2x stereo line inputs, 2x mic inputs (XLR and 1/4" / 6.3 mm TRS), 2x stereo main output (phono/line and XLR), 1x stereo booth output (1/4" / 6.3 mm TRS), 2x mirrored headphone outs (1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS and 1/4" / 6.3 mm TRS), USB hub, Kensington Security Slot, DVS support, includes required power supply unit.
No upgrades available
They say this is for the hobbyist; Ha, that's not true; I've used every bit of kit out there and this is up with the best. Great features; so much you can do!
Great powerful product and software, would buy again