Neumann KM 185 Super-Cardioid Microphone (Black)
The slender shape and transmission characteristics make the Neumann KM 185 especially suitable for a very wide range of tasks in the radio and television sector.
The pressure gradient transducer Neumann KM 185 features a very smooth frequency response not only for the 0 axis, but also for lateral (off-axis) sound incidence. In typical usage, there is no coloration of sound over a wide pickup angle. The KM 185 with its hypercardioid characteristic features attenuation of sound incidence from the side or rear of about 10 dB, with minimum sensitivity at an angle of 120 degrees.The KM 185 has the same transformerless circuitry as is used in the KM 100 system, resulting in excellent technical specifications. The microphone operates without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT/CF recorders. The output of the KM 185, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The KM 185 is a good choice for all users who look for a high-quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range. The mechanical construction was simplified, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason the KM 185 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the users expect from Neumann microphones
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Three different miniature microphones for all typical studio applications
- Successor of the worldwide successful KM 83/84
- Transformerless circuitry
- Trouble-free operation also with unbalanced equipment (e.g., DAT/CF recorders)
- Set includes Windscreen WNS 100 and Stand mount swivel SG 21/17 mt
- Neumann KM 185 Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 10 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 24 dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 15 dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 70 dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 79 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 142 dB
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year