Neumann KMS 104 Condenser Vocal Microphone, Black
The Neumann KMS 104 BLACK Condenser Vocal Microphone. Highly regarded live vocal condenser microphone.
The Neumann KMS 104 BLACK is the microphone of choice for demanding live applications. The KMS 104 has a microphone capsule with a cardioid directional characteristic which provides the best possible suppression of sounds originating from behind the microphone. The high acoustic resolution and smooth frequency response of the microphone ensures that the musician has optimal control of the stage performance at all times. The studio condenser capsule used in the KMS104 provides the basis for transmitting all the nuances of the human voice. In comparison with other handheld microphones, which operate mostly with dynamic capsules, the KMS series has a particularly high acoustic transparency, a wide frequency range and a fine resolution of transients. A carefully adjusted acoustic filter and transformerless impedance converter that can handle very high sound pressure levels, prevent the microphone from being overloaded even by strong plosive sounds. The filters thus ensure a very high level of feedback protection for the KMS 104 bk vocalist microphone when it is used with a stage sound system. Special electronic compensation is used for the proximity effect and there is also an invariable, built-in high-pass filter with a cutoff frequency of 120 Hz (G"ô3 dB, measured in a free sound field). The dynamic range of the KMS 104 is 132 dB, and the maximum sound pressure level is 150 dB. The low self-noise level of only 18 dB-A permits the KMS104 to be used at high gain levels without the risk of additional noise. Even at large distances, it can operate with a high signal-to-noise ratio, facilitating the freedom of movement and creativity that are important to the artist. Due to the transformerless output circuit, the microphone signals can be transmitted even through long cables without loss of sound. The KMS 104 bk microphone was designed for use on stage so it has a particularly robust construction with thick-walled metal housings, which also provide effective protection against handling noise. The microphone headgrilles are made of hardened steel. If required, they can easily be unscrewed to permit cleaning of the interior acoustic filters. The KMS 104 microphone with a matching stand clamp, is supplied in an attractive padded nylon bag that is sufficiently durable for touring.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Highly regarded live vocal condenser microphone
- Neumann sound on stage
- Excellent transparency for vocals/speech
- Cardioid polar pattern with excellent feedback rejection
- Without off-axis colouration
- Transformerless output
- Effective pop shielding without any side effects
- Set includes: KMS 104 bk Microphone, SG 105 Stand clamp, Padded nylon bag
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 4.5 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR: 28 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: 18 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (rel. 94 dB SPL): 66 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 150 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 12 dBu
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted): 132 dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 1938): 48 V Â± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 1938): 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight approx. : 300 g
- Diameter: 48 mm
- Length: 180 mm
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.