Neumann TLM 103 mt Microphone Studio Set, Black
THE TLM 103 STUDIO SET COMES SUPPLIED WITH THE DEDICATED NEUMANN EA-1 SHOCKMOUNT.
The Neumann TLM103 is an affordable large diaphragm, cardioid condenser microphone derived from the famous U87. It's well-balanced performance and extremely low self-noise make it the microphone of choice for virtually all recording, broadcast and production applications.
By utilizing the tried and true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM 103 features yet unattained low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear.
The TLM 103 Studio set comes supplied with an EA-1 dedicated shockmount.
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 7 dB-A
- Suitable for: Vocalist recording, Announcer's mic for broadcasting/voice over, Due to minimal self-noise: on-air mic for radio/broadcast, very low amplitude signals, radio drama, sampling, foley/sound effects, Home recording and project studios, Spot mic for: wind instruments, strings, percussion, guitar amps, drum overheads
- High-quality professional equipment for limited budgets
- Supplied with EA-1 Shockmount
Classic example of a microphone that gets you great bang for the buck. I used this in conjunction with a transformer based pre-amp (GAP PRE-73 MKIII Plus). The vocals I recorded sound professional, with that cool Neumann airy boost, present in the mid range and realistic. I bet it sounds great on other sources too. I like its small size too, it's very practical. Recommended.