Novation 61SL MKIII USB MIDI Controller
Novation 61SL MKIII USB MIDI Controller
All-sequencing, all-dancing hub for all of your music making tools.
A centrepiece to connect, control and create with your entire setup. Computer or not. Create quickly and easily with your hardware. Build your tracks in the eight-track polyphonic sequencer: everything in time; everything in key; every control at your fingertips.
Get to work with your favourite hardware with all the benefits of a DAW at your fingertips; no need to look at a computer screen. Pull your DAW out of the box and combine with your hardware synths - connecting everything through SL MkIII. Then easily control everything with highly customisable mappings for your hardware and software. Or create your own in the software editor.
Internal eight-track pattern-based sequencer
Input notes step-by-step, or record as you go; you can play and edit your sequences directly from the keyboard. Then record parameter automation straight onto the sequencer, bringing your productions to life. You can choose an arp type, set a sync rate, tweak note and pattern lengths, and use the pads to design your rhythms in real time.
It’s the feel
SL MkIII boasts Novation’s finest and most playable synth-style semi-weighted keybed, with a sprung action tuned to the needs of the experienced player. It’s got aftertouch too, assignable to anything. Its exceptionally high scan rate of 10 kHz gives the keys a super dynamic feel for expressive performances. And you can see scales, modes and zones instantly with vibrant on-key RGB LED feedback.
SL MkIII’s velocity-sensitive RGB pads have multiple functions too: they can be used for launching clips, as steps in the sequencer, for finger drumming, and have polyphonic aftertouch.
- SL MkIII is the centrepiece that can be used to control your whole studio, working perfectly alongside your DAW. Make working with your hardware easy and creatively rewarding, and construct your next production in the 8 track polyphonic sequencer, with everything staying in sync.
- Bring MIDI hardware and CV/Gate synths together
- Easily integrate hardware with your DAW
- The perfect controller for Ableton Live music-making software
- Internal 8 track pattern based sequencer
- 1 routable clock for the whole system
- Access to the Sound Collective
- Ableton Live Lite
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Free Melodics lessons
- 61 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
- 8 continuous rotary knobs
- 8 sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 2 Track buttons
- 5x RGB TFT LCD screens
- 59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
- 61 RGB LEDs plus 49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
- 16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
- Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
- Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl
- Power switch
- DC power socket
- USB socket
- MIDI IN, OUT, OUT2 / THRU - 3x 5-pin DIN sockets
- Sustain and Expression pedal 1/4" TRS jack inputs
- Footswitch pedal 1/4" TS jack input
- CV, Gate, Modulation -1- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- CV, Gate, Modulation -2- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- Clock out
- Kensington security slot
- 64 Sessions
- 8 Tracks per session
- 8 Patterns per track (16 steps per Pattern for a total of 128 steps per track)
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 8 events per step
- All assignable controls can be automated (8 maximum automation lanes)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
- 22 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Pattern expand view - flip the grid
- Pattern start and end, direction incl. random
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1000mA
- Power supply included (This product cannot be powered from USB)
No upgrades available
Early days for me & the SL MKiii, but I'm loving it so far. DAW integration works really well and is a revelation. Being able to control both MIDI and CV devices from one keyboard is amazing. Interesting arpeggiator.
I'm new to midi controller keyboards and this is a complicated one but the quality stands out. Initially not impressed with the packaging and look of some of the bits in the box, looked a bit dusty as though someone else had used it, but I think it might have just been handled too many times before dispatch. The keyboard is far nicer to play than my current one and although I haven't yet scratched the surface of the sequencer I can see its going to be fabulous. The use of LED lights is very fun but also practically useful. So far reading the manual it seems there are few things this can't do. One minor omission seems to be a lack of a way to export a session into eg: Logic or a DAW but maybe there's a way and I haven't figured it out yet.