Novation Bass Station 2 Analog Synth
Novation Bass Station 2 Product Overview by GAK
Novation update, improve, and re-energise their classic Bass Station recipe with the rather aptly named Novation Bass Station 2. The Bass Station 2 is a compact, stylish analogue synth that has been designed to produce powerful energetic bass sounds, but that is just the tip of this analogue iceberg. The Novation Bass Station 2 features two filters, three powerful oscillators, and extensive patch memories and an effects section. As well as all of these great features, the Novation Bass Station 2 also has a step sequencer, arpeggiator, a two octave (25-note) velocity-sensitive keyboard with full-sized keys and a powerful modulation section with both MIDI and USB connectivity. Weather you are looking for thunderous basses, searing leads, or psychedelic melodic arpeggios the Novation Bass Statin 2 will find its place in at the heart of your studio.
Twenty years ago, Novation released the groundbreaking BassStation: a compact, analogue synth designed for fat bass sounds and bubbly leads. The original BassStation became a classic; now we present the new Bass Station II: an analogue monophonic synth but with a total re-design that brings it firmly into the 21st century, bigger and bolder than ever. It's more than a bass synth; it's versatile enough to kick out sharp leads and crisp arpeggios. Bass Station II's signal path is all analogue, including the effects section. It is based on three analogue oscillators (two independent oscillators plus a sub for rich bass sounds) and a noise generator; two discrete filters, Classic and Acid, with built-in overdrive; Distortion and Osc Filter Mod effects; two ADSR envelopes, two LFOs, and an Arpeggiator and programmable Step Sequencer. And that's just scratching the surface of the synth engine. Bass Station II's traditional control layout breaks everything into modules with dedicated pots, switches and sliders. Unlike a traditional analogue synth, there's plenty of storage for your own sounds - there are 64 factory presets plus 64 more slots for your own sounds in the hardware - and you can store more on your computer. About Bass Station II's Design - The original BassStation was released in 1993, but its heritage goes back a lot further: to the 1970s, thought of by many as the golden era of synthesis. Synth designer Chris Huggett has remained a constant design force for Novation over the years. Huggett has decades of experience in hardware synth design, having pioneered the development of digitally controlled analogue synths including the OSCar. He also designed such classics as the Wasp, released by Electronic Dream Plant in 1978 - and there is a direct line of descent from the Wasp filter to the awesome 'Classic' filter in Bass Station II. Two Oscillators plus an additional Sub Oscillator: Bass Station II has two sync-able, tune-able oscillators with four selectable waveforms, plus a third sub-oscillator for generating enormous bass sounds Analogue effects sAnalogue synth: brand new version of the classic BassStation. Bass Station II has a pure analogue audio signal path, reviving the spirit of the original BassStation with an all-new design optimised for bass Two distinct analogue filters: In addition to the original 'Classic' BassStation filter, there's a brand new 'Acid' diode ladder filter for squelchy 303-esque bass sounds Load and save patches: 64 factory patches on-board with room for 64 more of your own. Save more to your computer via USB
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Analogue synth: brand new version of the classic Bass Station
- Bass Station II has a pure analogue audio signal path, reviving the spirit of the original Bass Station with an all-new design optimised for bass.
- Two distinct analogue filtersTwo distinct analogue filters
- A brand new "Acid" filter joins the "Classic" original Bass Station filter -("Classic" switches between low, hi and band pass with 12 and 24dB slopes).
- Load and save patches
- Bass Station II ships with 64 factory patches and a further 64 user slots. Patch dump enables you to archive and swap sounds.
- Pattern-based Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Bass Station II has an arpeggiator with a programmable step sequencer that enables you to store and call up patterns and quickly sketch-out ideas.
- Dedicated Tweakable Controls
- Analogue synth layout includes dedicated controls for all major parameters enabling instant hands-on control of the sound engine.
- Sub Oscillator
- Two Oscillators plus an additional Sub Oscillator
- Bass Station II has two sync-able, tune-able oscillators with four selectable waveforms, plus a third sub-oscillator for generating enormous bass sounds.
- Analogue effects section
- Bass Station II includes fully analogue distortion and filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive to add an aggressive, crunchy sound-quality.
- Flexible modulation featuring 2 Envelopes and 2 LFOs
- LFO waveforms include triangle, sawtooth, square and sample & hold. Two ADSR envelopes are available for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
- MIDI I/O and USB connectivity
- Bass Station II can be connected to your music software as well as your MIDI compatible hardware.
- keyboard with aftertouch
- Players 'synth-action' keyboard with aftertouch
- The keyboard mechanism is a two-octave (25 note) velocity sensitive synth-action keyboard with full-size keys and assignable aftertouch