Novation Circuit Mono Station
Novation Circuit Mono Station Product Overview by GAK
The Circuit Mono Station from Novation is a next-gen monosynth from Novation featuring three sequencer tracks and 32 velocity-sensitive RGB pads with a four-by-eight modulation matrix.
Onboard there are two oscillators with three distortion modes and a multi-mode filter that can be used to high, low and band pass. The synth allows you to choose between monophonic or paraphonic modes.
Connectivity wise there is a CV/Gate, CV mod plus MIDI In, Out and Thru for connecting and controlling separate hardware.
Other key features include the ability to save upto 64 patches on the device, 16 scale types, changeable sync rates and the ability to modulate sources through the audio input.
Novation Product OverviewCircuit Mono Station is a next-generation sequenced monosynth that originates from the Bass Station II, with three sequencer tracks that benefit from the 32 velocity-sensitive RGB pads found on Circuit. The synth has two oscillators, three distortion modes, plus one multi-mode filter that can be high-pass, low-pass or band-pass.
With Circuit Mono Station, the sync and tuning parameters of its two oscillators can be individually controlled. It also offers four waveshapes (sawtooth, triangle, square and sample + hold), a sub-oscillator, ring modulation and noise generation. Users can get the frequency band they want by applying high-pass, low-pass and band-pass filters with slopes of 12dB and 24dB. In addition, Circuit Mono Station introduces a powerful overdrive.
Both monophonic and paraphonic modes are available, with each oscillator controlled by its own sequencer. There are three sequencer tracks: two oscillator sequencers and one modulation sequencer. Users can alter gate length, switch patterns instantly, choose sync rate and mutate patterns.
A four-by-eight modulation matrix makes it possible to route from LFO with four waveshapes, envelope, sequencer or velocity, enabling complex modulation for pitch, pulse-width, amp, filter, distortion or CV.
Up to 64 patches can be loaded and saved on the device, right at the user's fingertips. Circuit Mono Station controls separate hardware via CV, gate and modulation outputs, and has MIDI In, Out and Thru, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Passing an audio signal through the audio input opens up a world of analogue filtration and distortion. Using the audio input with the mod sequencer, a source can be modulated, evolved and processed in entirely new ways. Via USB, Circuit Mono Station can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be managed using Components.
- Weight (with accessories) 1.47 kg
- Weight (without accessories) 1.19 kg
- Height 54 mm
- Width 240 mm
- Depth 250 mm
- Two oscillators with individual control of sync and tuning parameters
- High-pass, low-pass and band-pass filters with slopes of 12dB and 24dB
- Three distortion modes
- Choose monophonic or paraphonic modes with individual glide control
- Four-by-eight modulation matrix that enables complex alteration and routing
- Load and save up to 64 patches on the device
- Three sequencer tracks (two oscillator sequencers, one modulation sequencer)
- 32 velocity-sensitive RGB pads
- 16 scale types
- Changeable sync rates
- CV/Gate, CV mod plus MIDI In, Out and Thru for connecting and controlling separate hardware
- Modulate, evolve and process sources through the audio input
- Backup patches and sessions with Components
- • Novation Circuit Mono Station
- • USB cable
- • 3 MIDI breakout cables
- • 12V DC power supply included
- • Ableton Live Lite music making software
- • 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples