Novation Launchkey 25 MK3 Controller Keyboard
Overview by GAK
Launchkey is Novation’s fully integrated MIDI keyboard controller that’s designed for making tracks in Ableton Live regardless of if you’re a beginner or pro. The Launchkey has a wide range of musical creation features which can be used standalone and encourages creativity while also expanding your musical vocabulary.
The Scale Mode lets you choose a scale and map it to the keys which enables beginners to achieve pitch-perfect melodies without much experience of scales, and lets more advanced users experiment with their sound. The three different Chord modes - Fixed, which lets you play whole chords just by pressing the root note, Scale, which plays a chord set that’s automatically generated based on your chosen scale, and User mode lets you assign chords to pads, so you can create a bank of up to 16 chords that are available at your fingertips. The powerful, yet easy-to-use arpeggiator lets you explore new melodies and create new ideas easily, with the Mutate function giving you access to a huge range of creative variations.
Custom Modes let you control assignments, MIDI routing, pad colour, and more through the online Novation Components tool, so you have full control over your Launchkey, while also making it easier for you to personalise it as needed.
The Novation Launchkey 25 MK3 has a full-size five-pin MIDI output, letting you connect any MIDI compatible device to get even more functionality. It can be used without a computer too, so it could work as a centrepiece to your studio rig or live rig, making the Launchkey extremely versatile.
The 16 RGB-backlit velocity-sensitive pads are now slightly larger to give you better control, and the eight rotary knobs expand on the creative options available at your fingertips.
The Launchkey has full integration with Ableton Live, with specially-designed buttons to activate the Capture MIDI function, so you will never lose an idea, as well as track arm, quantise, and click and loop controls, making it incredibly easy and quick to create new ideas. If you don’t use Ableton Live, the Launchkey has full integration with Logic and Reason, as well as functionality with many popular DAW’s such as Pro Tools, Studio One, and Cubase.
Launchkey 25 MK3 has everything the modern music maker needs so you can get to creating right out of the box - it comes with various sounds, effects, and instruments including Ableton Live 10 Lite, two months of Splice Sounds, Serato Simple LE, exclusive Spitfire Audio LABS Expressive Strings, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, Klevgrand R0Ver and DAW Cassette, AAS Session Bundle, and automatic membership of the Novation Sound Collective, which gives you all the new free and discounted plugins every couple of months to keep your sound fresh.
Enjoy three years of warranty
Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three-year warranty if any Novation hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault. Click here for more information.
- Ableton Live Lite – Quickly organise and arrange your sounds and start making tracks with this staple electronic-music-making software.
- Serato Sample LE – Slice, rearrange and manipulate samples in real time using Serato's legendary Pitch 'n' Time timestretching/pitchshifting algorithm.
- Two months Splice Sounds membership – Offering millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily
- Spitfire Audio LABS-Expressive Strings – Made exclusively for Launchkey MK3 owners, Spitfire Audio have taken their world-class strings samples and created an instantly playable, highly reactive instrument, designed to spark your creativity.
- XLN Addictive Keys – Access one of four virtual keyboards when you register your first piece of Novation or Focusrite hardware.
- Klevgrand R0Verb and DAW Cassette – High quality reverb and tape deck emulation plug-ins, to add some space or take your sound back to the golden age of cassette tapes.
- AAS Session Bundle – Three synths for music makers, providing staple sounds for your tracks.
- Sound Collective – Bringing Novation hardware owners a new free plug-in every couple of months."
- Novation Launchkey 25 [MK3]
- USB A to B type cable
- Safety information sheet
- Product Hardware Specifications
- • 25 velocity sensitive keys
- • 16x2 char screen
- • 16 RGB backlit velocity sensitive pads
- • Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- • 8 knobs
- • 5 pin MIDI out socket
- • Arp/scale/fixed chord buttons
- • Octave up/down buttons
- • Play/stop/record/loop button
- • Track navigation buttons
- • Capture MIDI/quantise/click/undo buttons
- • Stop/solo/mute buttons
- • Scene launch button
- • Device select/device lock buttons
- • USB B socket
- • Sustain pedal 1/4” jack socket
- • Kensington security slot
- Power Requirements
- • USB bus powered
- • Power supply not included"
- Enjoy three years of warranty
- Wherever you happen to be in the world, you can rely on a three-year warranty if any Novation hardware needs repairing or replacing due to a manufacturing fault.
Great controller for my 'box synths' : very well manufactured. Full sized keys!
Small full sized key MIDI controller perfect for adding more control for your DAW. If you use Ableton, works straight out of the box, if not with a few tweaks. Good compromise of features versus size for portability.