Orange OB1-300 Rack Mountable 300W Bass Head
The Orange OB1 300 has been made to meet the needs of bassists who bi-amp their signal between a bass and guitar amp. Now, with the OB1, they don't have to. The key to the OB1's tone comes from a footswitchable Blend circuit which adds gain to the high frequencies without compromising the low end. This gives the same depth of sound and harmonic resonance as a bi-amped sound. This makes the OB1 300 an extremely versatile amp that can handle clean and dirty tones in equal measure.
Orange have never made a rack mountable amp before, so the OB1 is a truly a trailblazer. The OB1 300 has been designed to either fit into a 19" rackmount case or stand on its own. As with most Orange amps, the OB1 is easy to use, with a layout that is simple but effective for minimum fuss and maximum versatility.
- Front Panel Controls (Right to Left): Instrument input with active/passive switch, Gain, Blend, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume, Footswitch input, Mains switch
- Rear Panel (Right to Left): Speaker outputs (speakon), 1/4"³ Line output, Balanced output with ground lift switch
- Speaker Output Options: Minimum 4 ohm: 1 x 8 ohm, 2 x 8 ohm, 1 x 4 ohm
- Output Power: 300 Watts, class A/B
- Unboxed Dimensions (W x H x D): 48.2 Ã— 26.5 x 10cm (18.97 x 10.43 x 3.93"³)
- Unboxed Weight: 9.5Kg (21lb)
I play guitar through bass amps and this is the best one i have ever tried, it gives so much punch and clarity for both guitar and bass, as i use an octave pedal a lot i also find it handles the sub tones great too.