Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe LTD FET Compressor Pedal, Inverted Black
The Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe Limited Edition Inverted Black is an 1176-style studio-grade FET compressor featuring high-current, low-noise, discrete Class-A circuitry and a dedicated parallel compression control. All contained in one compact, stompbox-sized package!
We’ve managed to build all of the functionality from our flagship Cali76 Standard into this little marvel – and we’ve added the much-requested parallel mix control previously only found on our limited editions.
Separate controls for Attack, Release and Ratio let you precisely tailor your tone, from transparent transient control to flat-out limiting and monster sustain. Meanwhile, the elegant jewel lamp functions as an intuitive three-colour gain reduction meter.
The ace in the hole is the Dry Blend control, which lets you mix your dry signal back in with your compressed guitar tone for true parallel compression. An indispensable studio recording technique, parallel compression gives you all of the tone thickening and increased sensitivity of the Cali76, while keeping hold of the natural dynamic expression in your playing.
It's the ultimate in transparent compression and sustain. By blending your “honest” guitar tone together with more subtle compression, you can also create the kind of three-dimensional, sparkling tone that you’re used to hearing on records – not coming out of your amp!
The original Cali76 is a big, beautiful compressor pedal that delivers studio-quality 1176-style compression using discrete Class-A circuitry that’s true to the topology and design philosophy of the original.
The Cali76 Compact Deluxe is of the same blood line, sharing the features, performance and pedigree of its larger sibling, but in a smaller package and with parallel compression added on top. A third of the size of the Cali76 Standard, the Compact Deluxe can be housed on even the most congested of pedalboards.
Like all of our Compact Series pedals, the Cali76 Compact Deluxe features high-current, discrete, Class-A circuitry for transparent, low-noise performance. We’ve taken a no-compromise approach to the circuit design using only the best of modern components.
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Classic, ultra fast “FET” response
- Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
- Dedicated Attack, Release and Ratio controls
- Dry Blend control for parallel compression
- Rugged jewel-lamp gain reduction metering
- Optimised for guitar but can process any source
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-wide frequency response
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
- PSU Spec. 77mA @ 9V / 104mA @ 18V (PSU not included)
- Designed and built in England