Origin Effects Magma57 Amp Vibrato Drive Pedal
Overview by GAK
The Magma57 from Origin Effects imbues the spirit and sound of the legendary Maganatone 200 Series of amplifiers into a beautifully-constructed pedal format. Marrying a clear, reactive overdrive with a luscious vibrato - the Magma57 is a surefire way to add warmth and texture to your rig. Origin Effects are renowned as one of the leading boutique companies, with their Cali76 compressor setting a new standard for sheer tone and quality, the Magma57 boasts the same impeccable standard of quality and craftsmanship that’s become associated with their previous offerings. Designed and built in England, the Magma57 is housed in a premium, all-metal chassis and uses high-impedance buffered bypass with silent switching.
The variety of tones that can be coaxed out of the Magma57 is vast - from adding subtle grit and character to your clean tone to ethereal psychedelic swirls.
The Drive knob reacts like a volume control on a vintage non-master volume amplifier and is capable of warm cleans and more overdriven tones. It’s a truly dynamic sound that responds to the way you play.
The Vibe section features true pitch modulation vibrato, with two different LFO shapes to choose from and a wide range of speeds. Using the Multi switch, you can select from three preset multipliers (x1, x2, x3) that affect the vibrato’s rate - which is determined by either the Speed control or an external tap tempo footswitch.
When the Vibe effect is engaged, the jewel-light will transform from gold to white and pulse at the same speed as the vibrato.
Finally, a useful Post-Drive EQ provides you with three preset settings that allow you to tailor the sound of the pedal to Blackface, Plexi or flat-response amps. An additional ADJ trimmer gives you finer control of the high-end frequencies.
Overview by Origin Effects
Combine lush, shimmering vibrato with a smooth, clear overdrive tone and you’ve got a sound that has inspired both legendary guitarists and renowned amp designers. MAGMA57 brings the best of the Magnatone® 200 Series amplifiers to your pedalboard—delivering everything from warm, jazzy clean tones to full-on swirling psychedelia.
- True pitch-modulating vibrato
- Reactive overdrive designed for authentic sound and playing feel
- Comprehensive Post-Drive EQ section to seamlessly match the MAGMA57 to your amp
- Tour grade, all metal construction
- Effects system integration for convenient control
- High-impedance buffered bypass with silent switching
- Designed and built in England
- • VIBE footswitch – Switches the vibrato effect on and off. When VIBE is turned on the jewel light will turn white and will pulse at the selected vibrato speed.
- • DRIVE – behaves like the Volume knob on a vintage non-master-volume guitar amplifier. Set low for clean sounds or turn it up for more overdrive.
- • TONE – Turn up for a brighter sound. Turn down to tame highs.
- • OUTPUT – overall pedal output level
- • SPEED – Turn up to increase the rate of the vibrato effect. The range of the SPEED control is set by the three-position MULTI switch.
- • MULTI – applies a preset multiplier to the speed of the vibrato, whether it is set by the pedal’s SPEED knob or by attaching an external tap tempo footswitch.
- • SHAPE – allows you to choose between two different LFO waveforms.
- • INTENSITY – controls the depth of the vibrato.
- • POST-DRIVE EQ – three presets allow quick compatibility when plugging into Blackface, Plexi, and flat-response amps. Fine-tune the top-end further with the ADJ trimmer.