Origin Effects RevivalDrive Compact Overdrive Pedal
The Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE Compact takes the groundbreaking circuit design found in the original RevivalDRIVE and condenses it into a smaller, more pedalboard-friendly package.
Housing a complete valve amp-style signal path recreated in analogue electronics, the RevivalDRIVE Compact accurately reproduces a wide range of classic British and American non-master-volume valve amp tones.
A streamlined set of controls makes dialing in your ideal sound easier and more intuitive than ever before, while the powerful Post-Drive EQ lets you adjust the RevivalDRIVE Compact to suit your preferred amp and settings, not the other way around.
With the ability to directly shape key amp properties like preamp voicing, break-up characteristics and low-frequency distortion, plus a built-in Blend control to mix in your dry signal, the RevivalDRIVE Compact allows you to quickly dial in a range of legendary amp tones or mix and match different flavours to create your own unique sound.
- OUTPUT – overall output level
- GAIN – adjusts input level for amount of overdrive
- BLEND – mix between dry input level and overdriven signal. Gain is also reduced as BLEND is turned down.
- HIGHS – increases mids and high frequencies. Progresses through a range of useful preamp voicings
- LOWS – Adjusts the amount of low-end distortion
- MORE/PRES – reduces the power-stage’s negative feedback (CCW) or increases the presence (CW)
- POST-DRIVE EQ switch- three presets allow quick compatibility when plugging into bright, dark, and flat-response amps.
- ADJ – compensates the pedal’s output to suit how the amp’s controls are set when EQ1 or EQ2 is selected
- Class-A preamp stage with realistic amp gain-staging
- Phase inverter and push-pull power amp stages
- Variable negative feedback in the output stage
- Realistic rectifier and mains transformer sag
- Reactive load to simulate interaction between amp and speaker
- Blend knob to mix in your dry signal
- Powerful tone-shaping Post-Drive EQ
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality buffered bypass
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- PSU Spec. 120mA @ 9V, centre-negative (PSU not included)
- Designed and built in England
Wow I tried the big brother when it came out but was too much for me, this though is far better great tones instantly!
Great build quality but I found the best tones were in the lower gain area with my rig. Not for me but it may work better with other setups and requirements. You need to play it to find out.