Ovation AE44II-5 Applause Elite, Black
Ovation Applause Elite AE44II-5 Overview by GAK:
The new line of Applause guitars showcases Ovation’s forward thinking while retaining the high standard of performance expected from a quality instrument. Our new Applause Elite® models include traditional Ovation appointments such as a spruce top, Scalloped-X bracing, and laser cut multi-sound holes. A sleeker headstock design creates an aesthetic that many others aspire to. An Ovangkol finger board/bridge and mid depth bowl allow for effortless and comfortable playing. To tie everything together, we’ve also updated the electronics to the new CE304T preamp. Paired with our Ovation slimline pickup, you won’t believe your ears when you hear the incredible voice and clarity found within this guitar.
- Shape: Mid-Depth Cutaway
- Bracing: Quarter sawn Scalloped "X"
- Back: Ovation® Lyrachord® Mid-Depth Cutaway
- Top Finish: Black
- Epaulet: Multi-Sound Holes Bass Side only
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Binding: Ivory (ABS)
- Neck: Nato Mahogany
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" (254 mm)
- Neck Finish: Satin Natural
- Frets: 17 fully accessible frets (22 frets for high E string)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Scale:25 1/4" (641MM)
- Nut Material: ABS, 1 11/16" (43mm)
- Electronics: Applause by Ovation CE304T with three band EQ and built in tuner
- Pickup: Ovation under the saddle piezo
- Bridge: Ovangkol (CITES Approved)
- Tuners: Die-Cast Sealed Tuners
- Machines: Ovation Tuners
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP11 Coated 80/20 Bronze, Light, (.012-.053)
No upgrades available
Very good guitar for a entry level model especially when plugged in. There was some poor finishing on the binding on the model I received. I contacted GAK and they sent a courier free of charge for it to be returned and supplied a replacement.
Having never learnt 'properly' to play and after a gap of too many years I am re-learning. The guitar to my ear has a very good tone and for the money is excellent and would serve any beginner well if you can't decide, or have yet to decide, on what style of guitar you would like to play most.