Ovation TX 1868TX-5 Elite Super Shallow, Black
Ovation Elite TX 1868TX-5 Super Shallow, Black
A deluxe AA solid-spruce top and Ovation's lightweight, yet high-strength bracing give this guitar tremendous sonic power. An ultra-thin textured enamel black finish allows the soundboard to resonate freely, and soundports on the bass-string side of Ovation's classic Mid-Depth cutaway composite body enhance lower-frequency projection. Shaped to offer the fast feel of an electric guitar, the slim, hard-rock maple neck delivers superior sustain, while the OP-Pro preamp and OCP-1K pickup produce uncompromising plugged-in performance.
The Mid-Depth bowl blends elements of Ovation's Super-Shallow and Deep Bowl designs. Acoustically, the Mid-Depth bowl delivers impressive projection and rich tone, yet even smaller guitarists find it comfortable to hold and play. It's no surprise Ovation's LX, AX, and TX models all feature a Mid-Depth body: Its proprietary Lyrachord construction and roundback design let it outperform typical "box" guitars. For decades, hardworking musicians have relied on Mid-Depth Ovation guitars to cut through the mix, whether played acoustically in a living room or run through a concert hall sound system.
Designed in collaboration with jazz guitarist Al Di Meola and acoustic rocker Melissa Etheridge, the OP-Pro combines state-of-the-art audio quality with exclusive features designed to meet the needs of professional guitarists. The easy-to-operate unit offers 3-band EQ, a preset tone enhancement circuit, a battery status light, and a chromatic tuner. The OP-Pro will please even the most discriminating player.
- Solid A-grade sitka-spruce top; scalloped X-Bracing
- Multi-soundhole (bass side)
- Super Shallow Lyrachord® GS body
- Maple neck, thin profile
- Scale length 642 mm, nut width 42.8 mm
- Diecast Ovation machine heads, black
- OCP-1K pickup, OP-Pro preamp with tuner
- Factory-fitted original strings: ADAMAS NUOVA COATED Phosphor-Bronze 1818NU Light .012-.053, GEWA Art.Nr. 664.650
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year