PACE iLok 3 Software Security Key
PACE Anti-Piracy Inc, the makers of iLok, are announcing the new 3rd generation iLok. Its half the size of an iLok2, its twice as fast as the iLok2 and can hold 3 times as many licenses as the second generation iLok.
Apparently recent advances in chip design and manufacturing processes have enabled the evolution of the new 3rd generation iLok, which is much smaller and designed to be more robust than its predecessors.
The new iLok3 is fully backward compatible with previous versions – so all software developed for use with a 2nd generation iLok will continue to work with a 3rd generation iLok. This means that there should be no need to have to buy an iLok3 for software compatibility, as there are no relevant design changes with the iLok3, unlike the changes from the original iLoks to the iLok2, where a number of brands licenses were no longer compatible with the original iLoks, because of license format changes requiring some users to have to buy an iLok2 to use the latest versions of some software and plugins.
Despite reports to the contrary PACE, the makers of iLok, state that since its release 16 years ago, the iLok hardware device has never been compromised.
They also tell us that the design of the 3rd generation iLok is a huge step up from previous versions.
How does it work and why do I need one?
The iLok is a special USB device that holds your licenses for iLok-enabled software. Software publishers use the iLok to provide secure protection for their software. When you run their iLok-enabled software, it looks for the software license on your attached iLok.
The Third Generation iLok
Smaller, faster, and with even greater capacity, the new iLok is here! The Third Generation iLok is fully compatible with software created for the second generation iLok. With its smaller form factor and metal body, it is more robust and less prone to casual damage.
- Your iLok :)
- A license for the iLok-protected software you want to run (you’ll need to have the publisher place this license in your account or send you an Activation code)
- The software that is iLok protected (usually a download from the Publisher's or retailer's website, we do not host those on this site)
- The iLok License Manager and License Support software have the following system requirements
- For Macintosh:
- -Mac OS X 10.7 or above
- For Windows: (32-bit & 64-bit)
- -Windows 7 or above
- Note on legacy use:
- -If you need to use your iLok on an older system, please see the legacy installer page here: Legacy Versions
No upgrades available
Solid sturdy and modern sleek design