Paiste Formula 602 Classic Sound Edge Hi-Hats (14in)
Back in 1959 Paiste launched a series that was destined to become one of the world's most revered in the history of cymbal making GÇô Formula 602.
Its fine, pure and always controlled musical tone was adopted by well-known drummers and percussionists including none other than Joe Morello, Art Blakey, Paul Motian, Ndugu Chancler, Jon Hiseman, Charlie Watts and a host more. Formula 602s were especially coveted as the ultimate cymbal in jazz, the burgeoning beat and rock music of the times, avant-garde and acoustic genres of music for more than three decades. Demand began falling away with the advent of increasing volume through amplification and electronic music, and production of the Formula 602 series ceased in the 1990s. The warmth of the traditional CuSn20 bronze and the superior sound quality are back in demand, however GÇô hence the reintroduction of the most popular Formula 602 range of models.
The bottom cymbal of the 14" Sound Edge Hi-Hat features subtle ripples for rapid evacuation of the air, resulting in a concise 'chick' sound. The stick sound is light and sensitive, making the hi-hat perfect for studio work.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Sizes: 14"
- Weight: medium top / medium bottom
- Volume: medium low to medium loud
- Stick Sound: soft, fairly dry
- Intensity: lively
- Sustain: medium
- Chick Sound: airy, light, papery
- Sound Character: Rich, silvery, bright, somewhat mellow. Wide range, fairly complex mix. Quick and responsive feel with a soft and warm touch. Very controllable. Full, round and energetic open sound, paired with a light and airy chick sound. Ideal for playing at moderate volume level and a wide range of studio applications.