Pioneer DJ DDJ-200 Digital DJ Controller
Pioneer DJ DDJ-200 Digital DJ Controller
The introduction to the DDJ Range. The perfect way to get started with DJing.
Overview By GAK
Designed specifically for the beginner or hobbyist DJ, the DDJ-200 is designed to be plug-and-play and is incredibly easy to use. The DDJ-200 is predominately used with a Smart Device and the Pioneer DJ WeDJ app, though it is also compatible with computers running Rekordbox software.
The Pioneer DDJ-200 is 2 Channel Mixer with 2 jog wheels, meaning it has everything you need to start mixing songs together. There are a couple of buttons that are unique to the DDJ-200, the first being Transition FX, which uses a blend between an effect and movement of the crossfader to give a smooth transition from one track to the next. The second is Phrase Sync, which automatically analyses a track, giving you markers for each section of the song. It will then clearly label the intro, verse, chorus, drop etc of the track and aligns the start and endpoints of each section, making it easier for you to DJ.
The DDJ-200 connects to your favourite Smart Device via Bluetooth MIDI, enabling you to wirelessly control your mixes on the WeDJ app. When using the WeDJ app, users can load in their desired tracks and start performing mixes. If this is your first time DJing, Pioneer DJ has included a free tutorial within the WeDJ app, meaning you can quickly get to grips with the basics of mixing.
Whilst using WeDJ on your iPhone, you can mix songs from your iTunes library or use the sound streaming services available within the app, which are SoundCloud Go+ and Beatport LINK. SoundCloud Go+ is a subscription-based online music service, which gives you unlimited access to tracks on SoundCloud in both online and offline modes ad-free, in high-quality audio. Beatport LINK is also a streaming service and WeDJ users can access huge online sources of music to mix with. One of the biggest problems for new DJs is building a library of music to start mixing and Pioneer DJ has got you covered with a 30 free trial to both of these subscription services.
Once you get more confident, the DDJ-200’s compatibility with Rekordbox means that as you progress, you can level up your setup without having to buy a new controller. Rekordbox is Pioneer DJ’s very own DJ software and is widely used by some of the biggest DJs in the world. It is software that needs to be run from a computer or laptop and your DDJ-200 will unlock the basic features of the software once connected.
What is really helpful about the DDJ-200, is the layout of the buttons and dials match those of the Pioneer DJ’s more premium DJ equipment. This means as you progress, you do not have to relearn what you already know, as you will feel at home on any piece of Pioneer DJ equipment. The Pioneer DDJ-200 is the perfect platform to develop your skills as a DJ.
The Pioneer DJ DDJ-200 fits perfectly into the Pioneer DJ DJC-200 DJ Controller Bag.
For users that need a DJ Controller that is dedicated for use with a laptop/Rekordbox, the introduction of Pad Modes, more buttons for better control and outputs to connect to speakers, check out the DDJ-400.
- Input / Output Terminals USB USB (Type B) x 1
- Power Supply USB Bus Powered
- Power Consumption DC 5V , 500mA
- Bluetooth Specification Bluetooth 4.2 (Low Energy)
- Maximum Dimensions (WｘDｘH) 378.0 × 208.0 × 48.2 mm
- Weight 1.2 kg / 2.6 lb
- USB cable, Split cable, Warranty (for some regions), Quick Start Guide (WeDJ/rekordbox); Quick Start Guide (djay), Quick Start Guide (edjing Mix)
- Compatible OS (iOS) iOS 12, 11, 10
- iPhone XR,iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone SE,iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6,iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPod touch (6th generation)
- Compatible OS Mac
- macOS Mojave 10.14 (updated to the latest version)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 (updated to the latest version)
- macOS Sierra 10.12 (updated to the latest version)
- Windows Windows® 10, 8.1,7 (the latest service pack)
- CPU Intel® processor Core™ i7, i5, i3
- Memory 4GB or more RAM
- WeDJ for iPhone: iPhone - Beatport LINK, SoundCloud Go+
- djay: iPhone, iPad Spotify
- edjing Mix: iPhone, iPad, Android Deezer
- WeDJ for Android: Android
- rekordbox PC/Mac Beatport LINK, SoundCloud Go+
No upgrades available