Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 Digital DJ Controller Overview
The DDJ-800 is a 2 channel DJ Controller with “on-jog” displays in the centre of the jog wheels and ideal for gigging/live performances.
The Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 has features that make it perfect for the mobile DJ. If you are regularly performing at bars, events and parties, the DDJ-800 is compact, lightweight and durable. It fits perfectly into the Pioneer DJ DJC-800 DJ Controller Bag.
Laid out in the easily recognisable and widely used Club DJ format, the DDJ-800 is comfortingly familiar to DJs that may have upgraded from beginner systems and first-time DJs will be able to transfer to top tier DJ setups easily.
On-Jog LCD Display
The DDJ-800 is Pioneer DJ’s most affordable DJ Controller in the DDJ Range to feature on-job displays. The crystal-clear High-Definition LCD screen is used to display essential information to a DJ during a performance.
You can view track information such as; Playback Time, BPM, WaveForms, Cue Scope, Key, Hot Cue Points and Loops Points. There’s even the option to display artwork or use your own logo, making the DJ-800 look customised when live-streaming or videoing your sets.
Navigating between the different views is easy - simply double-tap the shift button to toggle through each option.
To make the DDJ-800 even more useful for live performance, it features a setting called Jog Adjust. This enables you to change the amount of resistance felt on either of the Jog Wheels, meaning you can set the weight to your ideal preference.
This is perfect for DJs that are used to mixing on a Turntable and want to match the feel of the jog wheel to their turntable.
Plug-and-Play With rekordbox
One of the major benefits of the DDJ-800 is the plug-and-play experience with rekordbox. Simply download the USB driver from the Pioneer DJ website, which will enable the Audio to transmit to your computer. The Driver can be found here.
Once the driver is successfully installed, plug the USB cable (included) into your chosen laptop and you will be able to use the in-built Audio/MIDI interface.
The Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 will unlock all the relevant features on rekordbox automatically. The DDJ-800 rekordbox features include a Feedback Reducer, which works on both of the x2 mic inputs found at the back of the unit.
Feedback Reducer is designed to help control unwanted feedback that can be experienced when using a microphone. With a setting for either Light or Heavy, you can avoid the horrible “howls” and “whistles”, making your sets more slick and professional.
To take your DJing to the next level, it’s important to master transitions between different tracks. A huge part of this is blending songs together with similar keys or a related one.
The DDJ-800 has Key Sync, Keyboard Mode and Key Shift (in Performance Pads) to help you make your mixing seamless.
RGB Performance Pads
With x16 tactile illuminated pads (8 per deck), you can command your DJ sets with numerous different controls.
These include primary options; Hot Cue, Pad FX1, Beat Jump and Sampler (with designated Volume Control in Mixer). By Holding shift, you then gain access to the secondary options; Keyboard, Pad FX2, Beat Loop and Key Shift.
Each Performance Mode has 2 banks of 8 settings, which are controlled via the Pages buttons.
2x Microphone Inputs
One of the most important features for the events DJ is the ability to use multiple microphones. If you are performing with MCs, vocalists or host a wedding, the DDJ-800 has you covered.
With the addition of the Feedback Reducer, the mixer has dedicated controls for each of the 2 mic inputs. It has independent level adjustment and a master high/low EQ setting.
To make your performances more creative, the DDJ-800 has two stereo RCA inputs. These inputs are directly routed to the mixer, meaning you can control external instruments or turntables without launching rekordbox.
When using the DDJ-800 as a standalone mixer, you can manipulate the audio from the inputs with the 3-band EQ. If you wanted to utilise the 15 Beat FX, you would need to run rekordbox simultaneously.
The DDJ-800 is DVS ready, meaning you can plug in a turntable and use timecoded vinyl to mix within rekordbox.
To ensure the music never stops, the DDJ-800 has an Aux-In. If someone tries to catch you out with an awkward song request, simply use the Aux In to stream music from a phone or media player. There’s even a dedicated Trim-Pot to stay in control of the volume.
15 Beat Effects and 4 Sound Colour FX
When the DDJ-800 is plugged into rekordbox, you have the ability to choose between 15 different Beat FX and 4 different Sound Colour FX.
Beat FX is used to add time-based effects to a specific channel on the mixer during a performance. Choose between Low Cut Echo, Echo, MT Delay, Spiral, Reverb, Transformer, Enigma Jet, Flanger, Phaser, Pitch, Slip Roll, Roll, Mobius Triangle and Mobius Saw.
An OLED display at the top of the Beat FX section lets you see which effect you’ve currently got selected, as well as the BPM and current beat length. This can even be modified via the Beat Left and Right buttons.
Sound Colour FX are master effects that add texture to your music. Dub Echo, Pitch, Noise and Filter are all controlled by the Hi/Lo knob in the centre of the mixer. This is the perfect tool to get creative with drops and transitions.
Built For The Booth
The Pioneer DJ DDJ-800 is the perfect controller for the performing DJ, including a wide array of monitoring options. In addition to the Headphone output, the DDJ-800 features 2 pairs of stereo Master Outputs, one RCA and one XLR, as well as a Booth Out.
Having a Booth Output means that you can perform in a DJ Booth with speakers, so you can hear yourself and not compete with the front-of-house PA System. You can play loud and proud.
Free Online DJ Tutorials
Finding this all a bit overwhelming? There’s no need to worry, as Pioneer DJ has embedded free lessons within the Rekordbox software, walking you through each stage of a mix.
- Compact, lighter, portable body Take the DDJ-800 wherever you want thanks to its portable design, which is smaller than the DDJ-1000 by 22% in volume and 1.3 kg in weight.
- Colour On Jog Display for quick reference to enable accurate performances The DDJ-800 is our first 2-channel controller to feature high-definition LCD screens showing information such as playback time, BPM, and waveforms in the center of each jog wheel. Cue Scope indicates the distance in bars from the current playback position to Hot Cue points and Loop points, enabling you to mix quickly and more accurately. You can choose to display full artwork on the displays, helping you instantly identify the track loaded on a deck by simply looking at the jog wheel.
- Feedback Reducer – the first feature on a DJ controller to lessen microphone “howling” Pass the mic around with confidence. The DDJ-800 is the first controller that supports the new Feedback Reducer feature in rekordbox dj, which instantly detects the “howling” frequency of feedback and brings it down. Plus, two independent mic inputs give you greater flexibility when you’re juggling DJs, MCs, and guest speakers.
- Club-style layout and features Perform with the DDJ-800 as if you’re using our flagship setup. All the buttons, knobs, and faders on the controller are arranged and used in the same way as those on our club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2 setup. Use Feeling Adjust to set the resistance on the jog wheels to your preferred weight for scratching and spice up your sets with the popular Sound Color FX and Beat FX*3 from our DJM mixer series. You can instantly reference BPM and the name of the selected FX without looking at your PC/Mac thanks to the dedicated Beat FX display, making it easy to use the FX whenever inspiration strikes.
- Audio mixer feature – control external input volume You can use the DDJ-800 as a mixer to control the volume of audio input from an external device – even when you’re using it on its own – by adjusting the trims, channel faders and EQs. And, when the controller is connected to rekordbox dj, you can use Sound Color FX and Beat FX too.
- Performance Pads – use the 16 tactile illuminated rubber pads (8 per deck) to trigger Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump, Sampler, Keyboard mode, and more.
- Advanced Super Fast Search – quickly reach any playback position.
- Page – switch between Hot Cues A-H and I-P Dedicated buttons for Key Shift and Key Sync – take direct control of rekordbox dj key related features.
- rekordbox dvs ready*4 – connect multi players or turntables to control rekordbox dj.
- Frequency Response 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz (USB, LINE, MIC 1, MIC 2)
- S/N Ratio 111 dB (USB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion Below 0.003 ％ (USB)
- Input Terminals LINE/PHONO × 2 (RCA x 2), AUX × 1 (RCA x 1), MIC × 2 (XLR & 1/4-inch TRS jack x 1, 1/4-inch TRS jack x 1)
- Output Terminals MASTER x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1), BOOTH OUT x 1 (1/4-inch TRS jack), PHONES x 2 (1/4-inch stereo phone jack x 1, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 1)
- USB Terminals USB (Type B) x 1
- Power Supply AC adaptor (DC 12V)
- Power Consumption DC 12 V, 1400mA
- Maximum Dimensions (WｘDｘH) 632.0 × 334.5 × 69.7 mm
- Weight 4.7 kg / 10.5 lb
- Accessories AC adaptor, Power cable, USB cable, Quick Start Guide
Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone
Roland RCC-10-2R2R Black Unbalanced Dual RCA Cable, 10ft/3m
Roland RCC-10-TRXF Black Female XLR to Stereo Jack Cable, 10ft/3m
Pioneer DJ HDJ-X5 DJ Headphones, Black
Pioneer DJ VM-80 Active Studio Monitor
Pioneer DJ DJC-800 DDJ Controller Bag
Stagg STC Dual Mono Jack to Phono Cable (3m/10ft, Black), STC3PCM
Roland RMC-B10 Black Microphone Cable, 10ft/3m