Pioneer DJ DJM-S5 2-Channel Battle Mixer
Pioneer DJ DJM-S5 2-Channel Battle Mixer
Start your scratching career in style with this easy-to-use, feature-packed and affordable 2-channel DJ mixer.
The DJM-S5 is a 2-channel DJ mixer for Serato Pro that makes battle mixing and scratching accessible for beginner battle DJs. Whether you want to expand your scratching skills or are a total beginner, the DJM-S5’s straightforward design and professional performance features make it a top choice for the price. Seasoned battle DJs that are familiar with advanced mixers like the flagship DJM-S11 will feel right at home with the DJM-S5’s slick layout.
Brand-new features for easy scratching
Pioneer DJ’s DJM-S5 is the perfect mixer for anyone looking to learn how to scratch and start sounding like a pro - no experience required. Thanks to the brand new Scratch Cutter feature, you can execute exciting scratch techniques with ease. Simply select from one of the six cutting patterns using the levers and move the control vinyl or jog wheel on a deck when using DVS control. The DJM-S5 will then apply your selected pattern to your track or sample perfectly in time with the beat. You don’t even need to touch the crossfader.
Another fresh feature is the Crossfader Hot Cue. This allows you to trigger the hot cue just by moving the cross fader. Every time you move the fader away from the edge, the track or sample plays from the last selected Hot Cue point. So, if you were to quickly repeat the action this would rapidly play the Hot Cue in the rhythm you use to move the crossfader. The ability to create scratch-like sounds without moving the vinyl/deck allows for endless creative opportunities
USB bus power and standalone mixer versatility for playing anywhere
As well as being a great option for emerging scratch DJs, the DJM-S5 is also ideal if you’re looking for a way to mix on the go. As a first for Pioneer DJ, the DJM-S5 can be powered using your computer’s USB connection or a power bank, making it their most portable DJ mixer yet. By partnering the DJM-S5 with a set of USB-powered turntables and a laptop, you’ve got the freedom to perfect your battle mixing skills anywhere you go. Plus, the DJM-S5 can also perform as a compact standalone mixer with a 3-band EQ for listening to music from a range of sources and formats, including analogue vinyl records.
Sporting a mix of eye-catching bright red gloss and sleek black, the Pioneer DJ DJM-S5 mixer has a slick aesthetic that stands out from the pack whether you’re performing live, at a party or on a stream. The front plate also features a transparent window, giving you a clear view of the Magvel Fader Pro’s technology.
Serato DJ Pro and DVS plug-and-play compatibility
The DJM-S5 works alongside a PC or Mac running the Serato DJ Pro application, allowing you to use the renowned DJ software with its selection of pro-level performance features completely free. Getting set up couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is plug the DJM-S5 into a compatible computer. The DJM-S5 also freely supports Serato DVS and doesn’t require any external gear if you want to stream your set or add a vocal to your performance. Instead of using a soundcard, you can conveniently stream the master audio from Serato DJ Pro directly to OBS.
**MAGVEL FADER PRO crossfade
Pioneer DJ has equipped the DJM-S5 with the premium Magvel Fader Pro crossfader, the same one found in pro-level DJM-S series mixers like the DJM-S11 and DJM-S7. This highly durable magnetic crossfader boasts an ultra-smooth response and can be tailored to your personal style via the Feeling Adjust dial. In addition to tweaking the Feeling Adjust dial to reach the right amount of resistance, you can also modify the curve and reverse settings. No matter how aggressive your scratching style is, the Magvel Fader Pro will withstand it without breaking a sweat.
The two tactile effect levels can be used to control up to fifty-seven effects in Serato DJ Pro with the Expansion Packs. These robust levels are identical size-wise to the ones found on the top-of-the-line DJM-S11 for that professional feel. During a performance, you can hold the levels down or release them to activate or deactivate the effect. You can also lock them to keep the effect on whilst your scratch or browse tracks. Two banks of effects can be stored for rapid access.
Each deck is kitted out with four Performance Pads that are right at your fingertips when you want to trigger samples, remix tracks or add textures to your mix on-the-fly. There are thirteen pad modes at your disposal such as Hot Cue, Auto Loop, Scratch Bank and Sampler, giving you ultimate flexibility during a performance. You also have access to eight User Modes that are spread across two banks.
- Intutive Pro-style Layout
- - Use the 2 large effect levers to control up to 57 effects in Serato DJ Pro (including paid Expansion Packs) and get creative using the 4 Performance Pads on each deck to control 13 pad modes including Hot Cue and Sampler.
- Crossfader Hot Cute
- - Turn on this feature and you can quickly move the crossfader to create scratch-like sounds with a sample or track. Every time you move the fader away from the edge, the track or sample on the relevant deck plays from the most recent Hot Cue point.
- MAGVEL FADER PRO
- - Find your perfect scratch feeling with the popular and robust MAGVEL FADER PRO crossfader, which features Feeling Adjust so you can tweak the “weight” and get the level of resistance you like best.
- Serato DJ Pro and DVS plug-and-play
- - Simply plug the DJM-S5 into a PC / Mac running the Serato DJ Pro application and you can use the software for free, including a host of professional performance features. The mixer also offers free support for Serato DVS.
- Scratch Cutter
- - Simply move the control vinyl or jog wheel (when using DVS control) on one of your decks and Scratch Cutter will apply your choice of 6 cutting patterns to the sample or track in perfect time with the track playing on the other deck – there’s no need to move the crossfader.
- Striking New Design
- - The top plate is split into bright red gloss and black sections with contrasting detailing and black controls and buttons to create the look of a musical instrument. There’s also a transparent window on the front plate that shows off the inner workings of the MAGVEL FADER PRO.
- Software: Serato DJ Pro
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- S/N Ratio: 108 dB (USB) | 94 dB (LINE) | 82 dB (PHONO) | 75 dB (MIC) | 94 dB (AUX)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (USB) | 0.007% (LINE)
- Inputs: LINE / PHONO×2 (RCA) | MIC x 1 (XLR / 1/4” TRS Combo Jack) | AUX x 1 (RCA)
- Outputs: MASTER x 1 (XLR) | BOOTH / MASTER x 1 (RCA) | HEADPHONES x 2 (1/4” stereo jack, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack)
- USB I/O: PC / Mac connection & power supply USB Type-C x1 | Power supply only USB Type-C x 1 | Power supply only USB Type-C x 1
- Power Supply: USB Type-C bus powered
- Power Consumption: 5V / 500 mA
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 245 x 363.5 x 107.9 mm / 9.65” x 14.31” x 4.25” 3.4 kg / 7.5 lb
- Weight: 3.4 kg / 7.5 lb
- Accessories: USB cable (USB Type-A to USB Type-C) | Warranty (for some regions) | Quick Start Guide | Precautions for Use
No upgrades available