Pioneer DJ VM-70 Active Studio Monitor
Overview By GAK
The Pioneer DJ VM-70 is the middle sizing of the VM-Series monitor range, producing pure audio with fast-attacking, punchy bass.
The larger 6.5" speaker, (100W (LF:70W, HF:30W) of power and diverse frequency response (37 Hz - 36 kHz) of the VM-70 makes it the perfect choice for users that are able to drive the speakers at louder volumes, medium-sized rooms or professional studio environments.
The Pioneer DJ VM-70 offers a huge amount of versatility, with a choice of 16 different DSP settings (4x Low-End frequency and 4x High frequency, plus 1 Low and 1 High setting simultaneously). The wide array of DSP options means the VM-70 can be fine-tuned for any musical environment, turning any space into a professional studio or club environment. Whether you are a DJ, producer or music creator, the VM-70 ensures you are monitoring with the most optimum settings possible.
- HIGH-QUALITY COMPONENTS
- Each model in the VM speaker series includes a Class D amplifier with 96 kHz sampling DSP to enable wide-bandwidth audio reproduction with low distortion and a high-energy
- sound. And the 4-mm-thick rigid aluminum front baffle suppresses resonance and reduces vibrations.
- ARAMID FIBER WOOFER CONES
- From min to max volume, Aramid fiber woofer cones provide outstanding punch you’ll feel in the bass and low-mid frequencies. These cones are 30 percent lighter than conventional paperlined Aramid cones, making them stronger and helping them to pump out deep sounds.
- VORTEX BASS ACCELERATOR
- The Vortex Bass Accelerator ensures that low-end audio is tight and free from unwanted vibrations, as ribs in the bass reflex port enable air to flow freely from the speaker to deliver pure sound – whether you’re listening to vocals or instrumentals.
- CONSTANT DIRECTIVITY HORN
- Mid and high frequencies are delivered with power thanks to the constant directivity horn, which also creates a broad, uniform listening space. The shape of the horn and the woofer edge are designed so the flat playback frequency crosses over to the tweeter easily for a natural sound.
- DSP CONTROL
- To help you tweak the output and find the perfect sound, each VM speaker includes DSP settings. The Low and High EQ knobs on the rear panel have 4 options each, giving you 16 possible EQ settings that are simple to engage. Choose the one that sounds best for DJing or producing music in your home or studio, depending on the shape, size, and construction of the room.
- FRESH, PROFESSIONAL DESIGN
- The design of the hexagonal aluminum front baffle brings a fresh look, as well as improved sound quality and durability. Alumite-treated brushed texture gives the speakers a professional finish so they look right at home next to Pioneer DJ gear.
- Model: VM-70
- Type: Bi-amp 2-way active speaker
- - Amplifier type: Class D with DSP
- - LF amplifier: 70 W (4 Ω)
- - HF amplifier: 30 W (4 Ω)
- - Input connectors (balanced input): XLR/TRS combo x 1
- - Input connectors (unbalanced input): RCA x 1
- - Input impedance: 10 kΩ
- - Enclosure: Bass reflex
- - Enclosure material: MDF vinyl laminate
- - Woofer (LF driver): 6.5" (165 mm) cones
- - Tweeter (HF driver): 1" (25 mm) soft dome
- - Reproduction frequency band: 37 Hz – 36 kHz
- - Accessories: Power cable, Cushioned feet pads, Instruction Manual, Precautions for use, Warranty
- POWER UNIT/OTHER
- - Supported voltages: AC 110 V – 240 V, 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- - Power consumption: 45 W
- - Power consumption on standby mode: 0.3 W or less
- - External dimensions (W × H × D): 229x341x312 mm / 9.02” x 13.43” x 12.28”
- - Weight: 7.7 kg / 17.0 lbs