Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 All-In-One DJ System
Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 All-In-One DJ System
A Standalone DJ System armed with flagship features, making it perfect for all standards of DJs. Compatible with rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro.
Overview By GAK
The XDJ-RX3 is a 2-channel, 2-deck standalone DJ Controller from industry legends, Pioneer DJ. Boasting premium features and the familiar club-style layout, taken from the CDJ-3000 and DJM-900NXS2, the RX3 offers flagship features at an affordable price tag.
If you need an easily portable setup to take to parties, events and small venues, the RX3 has all bases covered. Its heavy-duty lightweight design, partnered with its ability to be used standalone, makes it the ideal gigging companion for any mobile DJ. Simply turn up to a venue with the XDJ-RX3 under one arm, a pre-analysed USB stick in your pocket and you’re ready to go.
By having the decks and mixer integrated into one unit, there’s no risk of a loss in sound quality that can be caused by using audio cables. The circuit board features a new audio design, eliminating unwanted noise and has been tuned to create punchy low-end and expressive mid-high frequencies. This means the XDJ-RX3 ensures that anything you play sounds faithful to the original source and your audience will experience the music as it was intended to be heard.
Compatible with both rekordbox and Serato DJ Pro, the XDJ-RX3 is plug-and-play with these DJ applications. The RX3 is also a hardware-unlock device, meaning there is no need to pay any extra to access the performance mode of rekordbox - just plug in and start mixing.
The most obvious upgrade to the XDJ-RX3 from the previous RX2 is the inclusion of a 10.1" touchscreen display, Pioneer DJ’s largest screen to feature on an all-in-one system. The higher-resolution 1280:800 (WXGA) and increased frame rate mean the screen is much clearer and displays waveforms smoother than ever before. Pioneer DJ hasn’t stopped there, as the GUI has had a freshen up, making for easier navigation, faster browsing and more accurate mixing.
You can now view 12 tracks whilst browsing, reducing the time it takes to search for the next song in your set and use numerous touch details to make essential selections. This includes Touch Preview, a setting that allows DJs to audition any part of a track by simply touching the waveform in the browser section, just as you would on the CDJ-3000.
The XDJ-RX3 also introduces a new navigation feature, called Playlist Bank. This allows you to select between 4 different playlists, add them to the Playlist Bank and then easily switch between them in real-time. This is a great way to collate similar playlists quickly you may have in your arsenal.
As well as the navigation and browsing upgrades, the screen also allows DJs to mix between tracks more accurately with the addition of Phrase Display and 3-Band Waveform.
DJs that are familiar with rekordbox will be happy to see the implementation of Phrase Display. When analysing a track within rekordbox, you can get the BPM/Grid, Key and Phrase information for any song in your library. Phrase Display allows you to view the arrangement of a phrase-analysed track, by giving a clear colour-coded visual of the different sections within a song.
If you are a more visual DJ, with 3-Band Waveform, you can quickly view the track's lows, mids, and high frequencies. By having the different frequencies colour-coded, you can view basslines, lead lines and chords at a glance.
This means that you match the energy of one track to another, or even add a part from a different track to “fill in” the missing frequencies from the track you are currently playing. This makes for smoother track transitions and more balanced mixing.
A major benefit of using an All-In-One DJ System is the ability to offer the benefits of a software-style experience on a single piece of hardware. in addition to the navigation, browsing and more accurate mixing, the 10.1" Screen also adds numerous performance enhancements.
With the XDJ-RX3, you will find Pad Status Display, which shows what mode you have the performance pads currently set to. There is also a dedicated Beat FX selection, which allows you to view 4 of your favourite FX in one place, the ability to turn them on/off, as well as X-PAD assignments. X-PAD is a setting taken directly from the DJM-900NX2, which quickly displays detailed parameters of your chosen Beat FX.
Some additional helpful features with the screen are Countdown Timer and Repeat Mode. Countdown Timer is useful for when set times are tight and you don’t want to upset the stage manager by overrunning or that you know that you want to drop a certain track at a particular point in your set. Repeat Mode plays a track or playlist on repeat, which keeps the music going when you need to lead the booth or help with soundchecks.
Top aid DJs even further during a mix, the XDJ-RX2 features 2.7" on-jog colour displays in the centre of each jog wheel. You can view track artwork, playhead and a smooth jog-rotation display for more accurate scratch performances.
The jog wheels themselves have also been upgraded from the previous RX2, with the addition of Jog Adjust. This allows you to tailor the tension of the jog wheel to your bespoke preference for comfortable mixing. You can match the resistance of the jog to match the feel of your favourite turntable.
Moving down from the jog wheel and into the Performance Pads, you’ll find 8 pads per deck, with the ability for secondary assignments. You’ll find all the usual Performance Modes found on a Pioneer DJ unit, including Hot Cue/Gate Cue, Beat Loop 1/2, Slip Loop and Beat Jump 1/2.
The Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 also features a brand new Pad Mode, Release Effects. This performance mode adds energy and drama to your performance, allowing you to create exciting moments before transitioning to the next tune. You can use a performance pad to trigger one of the 8 different Release Effects, including Vinyl Break (Short/Long), Back Spin (Short/Long), Echo Out, Build Up, Ducking and Mute.
With the XDJ-RX3, Pioneer DJ has given you premium features and an exceptional level of control inside the upgraded mixer section, taken from the DJM-900NXS2. As well as all the Effects that are featured on the RX2, you’ll now find 14 Beat FX including Ping Pong, Filter, Phaser, Slip Roll, Vinyl Brake, and Helix; and 6 Sound Color FX including Space and Crush.
On the back of the unit, you’ll find x2 Line-Level Stereo RCA Inputs, x2 Stereo Phono Inputs, x2 Combi Jack Inputs, x1 Stereo RCA Aux-In, x1 3.5mm TRS Aux-In, x1 Balanced Stereo Jack Booth Output, x1 Stereo Pair XLR Master Output, x1 Stereo RCA Master 2 Output and a USB B Output. There are also x2 USB A inputs for running x2 USB Flashdrives, so you can run a backup and x2 Headphone Outputs for running either 1/4" or 3.5mm Headphones.
Protect the XDJ-RX3 on the move with the addition of a Pioneer DJ DJC-RX3 DJ Controller Bag.
- 10.1-INCH TOUCH SCREEN
- See everything clearly on the 10.1-inch screen, which is bigger and has a higher resolution and frame rate compared to the XDJ-RX2. And, with a fresh GUI and a host of new features, enjoy easier navigation for quick browsing and accurate mixing.
- PLAYLIST BANK
- Choose up to 4 playlists and add them to the new Playlist Bank. You’ll then be able to access them all rapidly, giving you the option to quickly select tracks from different genres etc.
- TOUCH PREVIEW
- Listen to any part of a track you want to preview by simply touching its waveform in the relevant place in the browse section. There’s no need to load the track to the deck.
- PLUG AND PLAY WITH REKORDBOX OR SERATO DJ PRO
- Play rekordbox-analyzed music from USB storage devices via Export mode, or connect your laptop to use Link Export or Performance mode for free via USB-HID control. Serato DJ Pro support is coming in early 2022.
- RELEASE FX
- Hit the Performance Pads to instantly change the energy of your performance, whether you want to add drama to a section of a track or create an exciting moment before transitioning to another song.
- COLOR ON JOG DISPLAY
- Keep an eye on the playhead position and track artwork. The responsiveness of the wheel rotation has been improved compared to the XDJ-RX2 and you can change the ‘weight’ with Feeling Adjust.
- - rekordbox dj
- - Serato DJ Pro – coming in early 2022
- Frequency Response - 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- S/N Ratio - 110 dB (USB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion - 00.003% (USB-MASTER1)
- Input/Output Terminals:
- - LINE x 2 (RCA)
- - PHONO x 2 (RCA)
- - MIC x 2 (XLR x 1, 1/4” TRS jack x 1)
- - AUX x 2 (RCA x 1, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 1)
- - MASTER x 2 (XLR x 1, RCA x 1)
- - BOOTH x 1 (1/4” TRS jack)
- - PHONES x 2 (1/4” stereo jack x 1, 3.5-mm
- - stereo mini jack x 1)
- - USB Type-A x 2
- - USB Type-B x 1
- Power Supply - AC 110 V – 240 V, 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption
- (standby) - 54 W (0.3 W)
- Maximum Dimensions (W × D × H) - 728.1 x 469.5 x 118.4 mm / 28.7” x 18.5” x 4.7”
- Weight - 9.3 kg / 20.5 lb
- - Power cable
- - USB cable
- - Quick Start Guide
- - Software license notice
- - Precautions for Use
- - Warranty (for some regions)
- * Disclaimer: Specifications and price are subject to change.
- * rekordbox™ is a trademark or registered trademark of AlphaTheta Corporation.
- * Serato DJ Pro is a registered trademark of Serato Limited.
- * Mac, OS X, and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- * Other product, technology, and company names, etc. mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.