Pioneer DJ DJM-S7 2-Channel Scratch Style DJ Mixer
Overview by GAK
If you’re a DJ/turntablist that demands limitless creativity and boundless expression, the Pioneer DJM-S7 is a top choice. Combining an impressive array of hands-on controls and features with a rock-solid build, the DJM-S7 2-channel battle mixer will help you smoke the competition and keep the audience captivated.
Plug In + Perform
The Pioneer DJM-S7 is a powerful two-channel scratch-style DJ mixer. Its design caters to open-format DJs that seamlessly and dynamically transition between musical styles. The DJM-S7 is fully flexible, giving you the ability to customise the setup to your specifications. With the DJM-S7, you have the tools you need to express your unique style.
Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox’s performance features, including DVS control, are unlocked automatically with the DJM-S7. Just hook it up to a PC or Mac that’s running the latest version of either app, no license key activation required! Plus, the DJM-S7 comes with a voucher for Pitch 'n Time DJ. As part of the Serato DJ Pro Expansion pack, this software gives you extra flexibility by key shifting and syncing your tracks with pristine audio fidelity.
Intuitive + Robust Interface
Pioneer have carefully considered the DJM-S7’s interface, making it as clear and intuitively laid out as possible so you can perform unhindered. Every control is exactly where you’d want it to be! With all these performance features at your fingertips, you can express yourself with ease.
A crucial part of a DJ mixer is the fader, which is Pioneer have upgraded the feel of the Magvel Fader Pro by increasing the knob mounting shaft’s rigidity in the vertical direction by 30%. The result is a more reliable and confident scratching experience.
Each channel of the DJM S7 is equipped with 8 large performance pads, which are primed and easily accessible when you want to trigger samples and Hot Cues. There are 2 pad modes to choose from - one for each set of pads - which allow you to access different features in an instant.
You can use the large effect levers to manipulate and enhance your music on-the-fly, with all 22 Beat FX from the DJM-S11 available. Changing up the 6 effects that are assigned to the FX Select buttons is simple and you can use the OLED display to check the beat value and name of the one that’s in use.
Bluetooth Audio Input
A big advantage of the Pioneer DJM-S7 is its Bluetooth capabilities, which allows you to pair up your phone and wirelessly transmit audio to the mixer. It’s a quick and easy solution for when you want to drop fresh sounds into your set and lets you use your device as a backup for your laptop. There’s a tonne of possibilities with this feature, such as launching sounds from virtual instruments, using a music app to play a requested track or playing new loops to scratch on.
You can either play the streamed sound straight through the master out or if you want to use the dedicated knob and fader to tweak the level, send it through one of the channels.
Powerful MIDI Looping
The DJM S7 features Loop MIDI, an exciting new feature that can control functions in your DJ software by repeatedly sending a MIDI signal that’s locked to a beat cycle. This is a handy tool that’s great for creating drops and build-ups gradually shortening the beat cycle of a looped sample.
Setting the length of the loop and triggering the feature is dead easy thanks to the Beat buttons and effect levers. You can use Loop MIDI from the get-go as useful functions such as Hot Cute, sampler and key shift-down are preassigned to the FX Select buttons.
Streamline Your Setup
Pioneer’s DJM-S7 comes equipped with a built-in USB hub, which gives you the option to directly hook up your hardware (such as CDJs and DJ controllers) without the need for an external one. If you want to seamlessly transition from one DJ set to another, you can connect 2 CDJs and 2 laptops via the dual USB-B ports.
Flexible Performance Modes
If you’re a Serato DJ Pro user, you can load up scratch samples from the 4 banks that you’ve assigned in the software in an instant using the Scratch Bank pad mode. All you have to do is tap a pad! You can also load the sample from a specific starting position.
With Combo Pad mode, you can utilise 2 different pad modes at once whilst using Serato DJ Pro. This saves you having to switch between modes during a performance and lets you make adjustments a lot quicker.
If you’re in the market for an exciting mixer with a tonne of performance features that’ll inspire you to take your sets to new heights, we highly recommend the Pioneer DJM-S7. This mixer will definitely give you an edge in the super-competitive world of DJ Battles. It’s time to get creative.
Overview by Pioneer
This new 2-channel battle mixer gives you the freedom to customize your setup and bring your own unique style to every performance. The unit enables free use of Serato DJ Pro and it’s a Hardware Unlock device for rekordbox, so you can use performance features in either application.
Open-format DJs, who chop and change between musical styles, need the tools to rapidly and fluidly transition between tracks. And in the hyper-competitive world of battling, DJs are always looking for equipment that can help them perform more creatively and capture the attention of the audience. The DJM-S7 is designed to make it all possible.
If you’ve played on the DJM-S11 before, you’ll feel at home using the clean layout of the DJM-S7. The large Load button and 16 Performance Pads (8 per deck) make it easy to select tracks and trigger samples and features during energetic sets. All 22 Beat FX from the DJM-S11 are included and the effect levers offer an animated way to engage them as well as software effects. Pad modes are independent so, for example, you can trigger Hot Cues on channel 1 and use Roll on channel 2 at the same time. And with the Magvel Fader Pro, you can enjoy slick-feeling and stable crossfader performance.
Want to add new sounds to your sets? Wirelessly play audio directly from your smartphone thanks to the mixer’s Bluetooth connectivity. Play loops that you want to scratch over or trigger one-shots and route them straight to the master output or to either of the channels to hear them together with any other sound playing on that deck. And with Loop MIDI – a brand-new feature that’s exclusive to the DJM-S7 – you can use the effect levers to send MIDI messages to Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox, giving you an exciting way to control performance features rhythmically.
The DJM-S7 inherits a number of additional key features from the DJM-S11 which are available when using Serato DJ Pro, including Combo Pad mode, Scratch Bank, and Gate Cue.
The DJM-S7 gives you free use of Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox performance features, including DVS control of both applications. Simply connect the mixer to a PC/Mac running the latest version of Serato DJ Pro or the latest version of rekordbox to unlock the software (updated version of Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox available from 28th January 2021). If you subscribe to the rekordbox Creative plan, you take advantage of advanced features such as Cloud Library Sync for seamless music management across multiple devices, and Edit mode, which enables you to create custom versions of any track you own so you can make your performances truly unique.
- With a clear layout, the DJM-S7 gives you the freedom to play energetically and bring your own style to every performance.
- We’ve enhanced the feeling of the Magvel Fader Pro and boosted the rigidity of the knob mounting shaft in the vertical direction by 30 percent so you can scratch with even more confidence.
- The 8 large Performance Pads on each channel are easy to hit when you want to rapidly fire off Hot Cues and samples. And with independent pad modes, you can use 2 different features – one on each channel’s set of pads – at the same time.
- Twist sounds on the fly by adding effects with the large levers. The DJM-S7 includes all 22 built-in Beat FX from the DJM-S11 so you can get creative with software effects in Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox. It’s easy to change the 6 effects assigned to the FX Select buttons and you can keep an eye on the name and beat value of the one you’re using by glancing at the OLED display.
- Simply pair your phone with the DJM-S7 via Bluetooth and you can drop sounds straight into your set. You can play loops to scratch over, trigger sounds from instrument apps, or use a music app to play a track requested by someone in the audience. Or simply have your mobile device connected and ready as a backup in case your laptop fails. You can play the sound directly through the master output or either of the channels and use the dedicated knob and fader on the front of the mixer to adjust the level.
- This brand-new feature in the effects section of the DJM-S7 can control various functions in your DJ software by repeatedly sending a MIDI signal to the software in a set beat cycle. For example, you can create a buildup by gradually shortening the beat cycle of a snare sample which is playing in a loop.
- Simply use the Beat buttons on the mixer to set the length of the loop, then switch on the effect lever to trigger the relevant feature. Functions including Hot Cue, sampler, and key shift-up are preassigned to the FX Select buttons so you can start using Loop MIDI straight away without needing to assign features first.
- Streamline your setup with the DJM-S7. You can plug CDJs, DJ controllers, and other devices straight into the dual USB-A ports to play with them – there’s no need for an external hub. Plug in 2 CDJs to use HID mode and connect 2 laptops via the dual USB-B ports so you can change over smoothly with another DJ. An upcoming release of Serato DJ Pro will introduce official support for the CDJ-3000, so watch out for news on that.
- With the Scratch Bank pad mode, you can instantly load scratch samples from 4 banks that you’ve assigned in Serato DJ Pro by simply tapping a pad. You can load from a specified start point too – handy if you want to use this feature to drop in full tracks during a routine.
- Activate Combo Pad mode in Serato DJ Pro to use 2 different pad modes simultaneously, e.g. Hot Cue and Sampler. This reduces the need to change modes and gives you the option to combine more features to enhance your performance.
- The DJM-S7 automatically unlocks Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox performance features, including DVS control, when you connect it to a PC/Mac running the latest version of either application. You don’t need to activate a license key. The Serato DJ Pro Expansion Pack voucher (Pitch 'n Time DJ) is included, which enables key shifting and key syncing with perfect audio quality.
- Software: rekordbox, Serato DJ Pro
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth standard version 5.0
- Supported Codecs: SBC, AAC, Qualcomm® aptX™, Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency
- Maximum Communication Distance: Approximately 10 m in unobstructed circumstances
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- S/N Ratio: 110 dB (USB), 103 dB (LINE), 88 dB (PHONO), 80 dB (MIC), 103 dB (AUX)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (USB), 0.005% (LINE)
- Inputs: LINE x 2 (RCA), PHONO x 2 (RCA), MIC x 1 (XLR & 1/4-inch TRS jack), AUX x 1 (RCA)
- Outputs: MASTER x 2 (XLR, RCA), BOOTH x 1 (1/4-inch TRS jack), HEADPHONES x 2 (1/4-inch stereo jack, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack), USB USB (Type A) x 2, USB (Type B) x 2
- Power Supply: AC 100 – 240 V, 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 24 W
- Maximum Dimensions (W ｘ D ｘ H): 267.0 x 397.4 x 107.9 mm / 10.51” x 15.65” x 4.25”
- Weight: 4.5 kg / 9.9 lb
- Accessories: Power cord, USB cable, Warranty (for some regions), Quick Start Guide, Precautions for Use, Serato DJ Pro Expansion Pack voucher (Pitch 'n Time DJ)