Pioneer PLX-500 Direct Drive Turntable, Black
Drawing on their heritage in making high-quality decks, the Pioneer PLX-500 inherits the layout of the PLX-1000 professional turntable and produces warm, clear analogue sound. The high-torque deck is ideal for scratching and comes with everything you need including a cartridge, stylus and slipmat, and its USB out means you can easily make high-quality digital recordings of your vinyl collection in Pioneers free rekordbox software. You can use the PLX-500 and the rekordbox dvs Plus Pack to play and scratch digital files when you combine them with a compatible DJM mixer and the RB-VS1-K Control Vinyl. Choose between the black (PLX-500-K) and white (PLX-500-W) versions to match your set-up or the design of your home.EXCELLENT SOUND DESIGN
Just like the PLX-1000, the PLX-500 is built to produce a high-quality vinyl sound. The shortest possible audio routing from the stylus to the outputs reduces distortion, while the phone/line output switch lets you connect directly to your sound system or to powered speakers with no need for an external amplifier.
EASY DIGITAL RECORDING
Record your vinyl collection to high-quality digital files by simply connecting the turntable to your PC or Mac via the USB out.
SMOOTH DJ PLAY
Use the PLX-500 to mix and scratch your vinyl records or combine the turntable with rekordbox dvs, a compatible DJ mixer and the RB-VS1-K Control Vinyl to play and perform with your digital files.
COVER ART DISPLAY
Put your record covers on display while listening to your vinyl thanks to the sleeve stand inside the dust cover.
- An in-built USB output means you can record your vinyl collection to high-quality digital WAV files by simply connecting the PLX-500 to your PC or Mac. Digitising your tracks is easy using our free rekordbox application and, once they’re in your rekordbox collection, you can play them using the PLX-500 and a rekordbox dvs set-up, or on a DDJ controller, or on CDJs via USB. You can also enjoy them on your mobile devices whenever you want.
- Using its audio analysis technology, rekordbox detects the silence between tracks and creates a separate file in your collection for each one, so you can just press play and record a whole album from an analogue source to individual tracks without resetting the recording in between songs. After you’ve finished recording you can name and tag all your new tracks.
- How to record your vinyl to high-quality digital files:
- -Connect the PLX-500 to your computer with a USB cable.
- -Open our free rekordbox application (version 4.2.1).
- -Click the record button in the software and it enters Record Standby mode.
- -Press play on the PLX-500. rekordbox begins recording when the music starts.
- -When you’ve finished recording, press stop. A window opens in rekordbox where you can enter information for each track including name and artist. The tracks then appear in your rekordbox collection and you can search for them by name, artist etc.
- Power consumption 11 W
- Main unit weight 10.7 kg
- Maximum dimensions (W x H x D) 450 x 159 x 368 mm
- Output RCA x 1
- Other ports USB x 1 (type B)
- Included accessories:
- -Balance weight, Shell weight
- -USB cord, Audio conversion cord (1 x stereo pin plug (female), 1 x stereo mini plug (male)
- -Power cord, Operating instructions
- - Slip mat, Dust cover with jacket stand, Adapter for EP record, Headshell (with cartridge)
- Drive method Servo type direct drive
- Motor 3-phase brushless DC motor
- Braking system Electronic brake
- Rotation speed 33⅓ rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm
- Rotation speed adjustment range ±8%
- Wow and flutter 0.15% or less WRMS
- S/N ratio 50 dB or above
- Turntable Aluminium die-casting diameter: 332 mm
- Starting torque 1.6 kg/cm or more
- Start time Within 1 seconds (at 33⅓ rpm)
- High-torque direct drive turntable for DJ performances and rekordbox dvs
- -The high-torque, direct drive PLX-500 is ideal for mixing and scratching on. You can also combine it with the rekordbox dvs Plus Pack to play and perform with your digital files when using a compatible DJM mixer and the RB-VS1-K Control Vinyl (available separately).
- Dust cover with record sleeve stand
- -You can enjoy the vinyl sound of your records and their artwork at the same time thanks to the dust cover that incorporates a stand for displaying record sleeves when open.
- Layout inherited from the PLX-1000 professional turntable
- -The PLX-500 inherits its slick design from the professional PLX-1000 turntable and you can choose between the black (PLX-500-K) and white (PLX-500-W) versions to match the colour of your gear or the interior of your home.
No upgrades available
I bought this for a more 'attacking sound' over my Project Debut Carbon which is well reviewed. I prefer the sound of the Pioneer, and of course it looks really cool! Thanks