Pioneer S-DJ50X Active DJ Monitor, Black
Pioneer S-DJ50X Active Monitor, Single Overview by GAK
The Pioneer S-DJ50X is a professional active monitor built for referencing when practising DJ mixes. The Pioneer S-DJ50X which is also offered in white (S-DJ50X-W) features three different inputs, pro sound quality, improved bass response, and built-in equalisation, all ideal functions for any DJ wanting to mimic the sound in a club environment.
- For maximum audio performance, increased bass output and reduced unwanted resonance, each speaker utilizes a highly rigid medium density fiberboard (MDF) for the construction of its enclosure and bass reflex ducts. Additionally, to optimize sound quality and increase reliability, Pioneer uses woofers made with aramid fiber cones and soft dome tweeters infused in magnetic fluid.
- To improve airflow through the port of the enclosure, Pioneer engineered the port hole with grooves to help direct the sound waves smoothly. The technique decreases standing waves from the mouth of the port, resulting in smooth bass and midbass output, with more impact.
- Matching the bass output of the speakers, the soft dome tweeters are set in the center of a convex diffuser optimizing output and dispersing the sound energy in both left and right directions for wider imaging. The blue area below shows the normal spread of sound, and the orange area displays the enhanced spread of sound with the diffuser. For a cool cosmetic look, the diffuser also illuminates in white when the speakers are powered on.
- Driving the speakers is a highly efficient Class AB amplifier in a bi-amp configuration to power the tweeters and woofers separately.
- The speakers also enable users to adjust high-pass level output via the built-in equalizer from the back of the speaker. The equalizer adjusts the high frequency range in one decibel increments (-2dB to 1dB), tailoring the audio output to the user's listening preference.
- he S-DJ50X model features three types of inputs (XLR, TRS and RCA) for connection to different devices such as DJ equipment, computers, and portable devices. For convenience and power conservation, the speakers also include an Auto Standby mode that automatically turns itself off when there is no input signal sensed after 25 minutes and powers back on when signal input is detected.
- Type - Bi-amp 2-way bass reflex active speaker
- Tweeter - 1-inch soft dome tweeter
- Woofer - 5 inch aramid fiber
- Frequency characteristics - 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Amplifier Output, (rated output), Class A/B bi-amp 80W
- -LF: 54W (30W)
- -HF: 26W (15W)
- Input terminals, Balanced input, Unbalanced input
- -XLR x 1, TRS (1/4 inch PHONE) x 1
- -RCA x 1
- Maximum external dimensions (W x H x D) - 7.76" x 11.85" x 10.32" (including heat sink)
- Weight (for pair) - 14.33 lbs
- Accessories - power cord, user manual
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.