Pioneer XDJ-R1 All-In-One DJ System
Pioneer XDJ-R1 Product Overview by GAK
An all in one DJ controller from Pioneer, the XDJ-R1 provides you with all the tools you need to DJ on the go.
The XDJ-R1 inherits sound design from Pioneer’s industry standard DJ equipment, including a built-in 44.1 kHz/24-bit soundcard and ultra high performance CPU.
Not only does the XDJ-R1 allow you to DJ from CD's, USB's and Laptops, but it also allows you to use your iPhone or iPad.
Onboard you will find a whole host of pro audio effects, including; High-pass, Pitch, Crush, Noise, Flanger, Echo and roll.
Pioneer Product Overview
The Pioneer XDJ-R1 is a professional all-in-one DJ System with the ability to play audio from all standard media including: CD, USB, Laptops and even iPads. The XDJ-R1 from Pioneer features a number of popular functions that they've taken from previous Pioneer DJ equipment, one of which is Hot-cues that are positioned just under the DJ platters. The Pioneer CDJ-R1 has a number of pro effects, these include: High-pass, Pitch, Crush, Noise, Flanger, Echo, and roll. The CDJ-R1 is the ideal controller for any professional DJ on-the-go.
- All-in-one rekordbox system packs everything DJs need into one deck - The XDJ-R1 is DJ-ready out of the box, so there's no need to add other equipment or fiddle with multiple cable connections. The unified deck packs in USB playback, two CD drawers, two touch-sensitive jog wheels, a two-channel mixer - plus effects and performance features taken from our DJ's industry-standard set-up.
- Mix from multiple sources including rekordbox USB, CDs and VirtualDJ LE - DJs can simply load tracks from USB or CD to play a range of media - including AAC (USB only), MP3, WAV, AIFF and 24-bit files. Just like the pro-DJ range, tracks prepared in rekordbox can be exported onto USB, allowing DJs to take advantage of features such as the track database, beat grids and Hot Cues. Or they can effortlessly switch to MIDI to control other DJ software on their laptop via wired connection - including the free download of VirtualDJ LE with its four-channel and video mixing.
- Crammed with performance features from our pro-DJ range - The XDJ-R1's intuitive controls put the power of live edits for impressive performances at the DJ's fingertips:
- rekordbox Beat Sync: automatically syncs tracks to the master deck using rekordbox beat grid information
- Auto Beat Loop: automatically loops tracks at specified beat lengths
- Hot Cues: DJs can instantly access up to three Hot Cue points on each deck
- Sound Colour FX: NOISE, PITCH, CRUSH and FILTER FX are inherited from our pro-DJ mixers, offering a HI and LO Pass sweep on each channel for even mightier manipulation
- Beat FX: dedicated buttons on each deck for TRANS, FLANGER, ECHO and ROLL beat effects with Tap Tempo
- Four-beat Sampler: access three pre-loaded samples
- Shift Mode: fast access to advanced features, including:
- Quantize: locks the beat timing of effects to rekordbox beat grids for perfect sounding performances
- Search: quickly scan through whole tracks with the jog wheel
- Edit: delete Hot Cues and samples
- The XDJ-R1's tactile controls deliver limitless possibilities for live performance: packing in two touch-sensitive jog wheels for precision scratching, a two-channel mixer, and dedicated buttons for loops, Hot Cues, samples and studio-quality sound colour effects.
- Redefining versatility, the XDJ-R1 can be controlled wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch using our remotebox app - DJs can connect to the XDJ-R1's own wireless LAN and use their touch screen to intuitively browse music, mix and mash up tracks - all from outside the booth.
- The app also introduces the XY pad: a two-dimensional way to assign and manipulate Beat FX and Colour FX using one intuitive control.
- The XDJ-R1 crams our DJ's extensive capabilities into one portable, rekordbox ready, affordable unit. All DJs need add is creativity.
- DJs can download the free remotebox app for iPhones, iPads and iPod touch (available from the App Store) to use their device as a remote control for all the XDJ-R1's amazing features.1 The XDJ-R1 creates a private wireless LAN for reliable connection to the DJ's iOS device.
- Intuitive touch-screen control includes browsing, loading and mixing tracks, as well as triggering FX, Auto Beat Loops, Hot Cues and samples. Plus - unique in our range - remotebox introduces the innovative XY Pad: a two-dimensional way to engage and manipulate Beat FX and Sound Colour FX in combination.
- DJs using remotebox on the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch are liberated from the booth to interact more, showcase their talents and even let the crowd get involved with choosing tracks.
- Custom-designed accessories, ease of set up and portability
- The XDJ-R1 all-in-one system contains everything DJs need in one sleek box, including a handy iPhone/iPod touch stand to position the screen in line of sight at all times. Plus the DJC-SC3 sturdy carry bag (sold separately) is custom-designed for the XDJ-R1, with multiple pockets and a vertical structure to give DJs easy access even in confined booths.
- Multiple input and output options for maximum flexibility
- The XDJ-R1 is equipped with a MASTER OUT (XLR), BOOTH OUT, AUX and MIC, to enable connection to external hardware and professional PA systems. The central mixer can therefore be connected to turntables and CDJs and used as a stand-alone mixer.
- High-quality audio circuitry for pristine and powerful sound
- The XDJ-R1 inherits sound design from our pro-DJ equipment, including a built-in 44.1 kHz/24-bit soundcard and a high-performance CPU.
- Other features include:
- Independent three-band isolator with total kill
- Dual headphone output - mini jack for inner-ear headphones and standard jack for full-size headphones
- VU meters for each channel and the master output give a visual reference for signal levels
- Playable media - USB storage devices, CD, CD-R/RW
- Playable file formats - MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF (only MP3, WAV and AIFF can be played from CD)
- USB storage formats supported - FAT32, FAT16
- No. of channels - 2
- Wireless communications format - IEEE 802.11b/g (2.4 GHz band)
- Sampling rate - 44.1 kHz
- A/D, D/A converter - 24 bit
- Frequency response - 20 Hzï½ž20 kHz
- S/N ratio - 98 dB or above (USB)
- Total harmonic distortion - Max 0.006% (USB)
- Head room - 19 dB
- USB ports - A port Ã—1, B port Ã—1
- Inputs - PHONO/LINE Ã—2 (RCA)
- MIC Ã—1 (¼ inch JACK)
- AUX Ã—1 (RCA)
- Outputs - MASTER OUT Ã—2 (XLR Ã—1, RCA Ã—1)
- HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT Ã—2 (front ¼ inch JACK, Mini JACK)
- BOOTH OUT Ã—1 (RCA)
- Maximum external dimensions (WÃ—HÃ—D) - 623 mm Ã— 308.4 mm Ã— 107.7 mm
- Body weight - 6.8 kg