Presonus AIR15 Active Loudspeaker
Compact and lightweight, AIR15 active loudspeakers provide a rich, extended low-end and natural high-frequency extension in an enclosure that will easily fit in the backseat of a small car. Backed by 1,200W (dynamic) of Class D/Class AB power and enhanced with easy-to-use digital tuning functions, the AIR15 gives you all the power and tools you need for both mobile and installed sound
The best of two worlds.
Each type of power amplifier has advantages and disadvantages. By employing different amplifier types for each driver, AIR15 loudspeakers use the respective strengths of Class D and Class A/B amplifiers to provide optimal response throughout the speaker’s frequency range. A 500W (continuous), Class D amplifier powers the 15-inch low-frequency driver, providing efficient, clean power for gut-shaking low end when you need it. A 200W (continuous), Class A/B amplifier powers the 1.35-inch high-frequency driver, delivering a natural sounding, "AIR-y" high end. The combination can deliver up to 124 dB SPL of sweet, clear sound between 47 Hz and 20 kHz.
Fast and easy customization.
The AIR15 loudspeaker is equipped with an easy-to-use signal processor that makes it simple to customize your loudspeakers with the push of a button. Presets customize the AIR15’s response for use as front-of-house mains; as monitor wedges; for music playback (e.g., for DJs); for enhanced low end and a warmer sound; and for improved speech intelligibility. Treble and bass controls let you boost or cut by 10 dB to compensate for room anomalies. Location presets let you optimize performance for stand and bracket mounting as well as flown installations.
Versatile mounting for a variety of applications.
The AIR15’s molded plastic cabinet can be mounted in several ways, providing tremendous versatility. The multi-angle enclosure sports nonskid rubber feet on the bottom for upright front-of-house use and nonskid rubber feet on one side for stage monitor applications. Rig the speaker using M10 fly points, yoke-mount it to walls or beams, or ground-stack it for portable applications. Mount it on a tripod or atop an AIR-series subwoofer using an optional sub pole. The integrated dual-position pole mount lets you aim the speaker level or at a 7.5˚ downward tilt. And the AIR15 is easy to transport, thanks to its top-mounted handle.
AIR-series full-range loudspeakers offer a choice of inputs so you can use them with a variety of sources. You get two combo XLR mic/TRS line inputs, each with a Class A microphone preamplifier and independent gain control. A stereo 1/8” connection admits signals from smartphones, tablets, and other consumer audio devices. These signals can be combined with the AIR15’s internal mixer, and a balanced XLR Mix output lets you send pass the signals to other AIR-series loudspeakers.
- Configuration Active 2-way
- -Frequency Range (-3 dB) 45 Hz to 20 kHz
- -Frequency Range (-10 dB) 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- -Maximum Output 124 dB SPL
- -Nominal Dispersion (HxV) 90˚x 60˚
- -LF Driver 15” (2.5” voice coil)
- -HF Driver 1.35” compression
- -Amplifier Type Class D (LF), Class AB (HF)
- -Total System Power 1,200W dynamic
- -LF Power 500W continuous
- -HF Power 200W continuous
- Connections and Controls
- -Inputs 2 x XLR/TRS mic/line combo; 1 x 1/8” TRS stereo
- -Outputs 1 x XLR Mix Out
- Hybrid “best of both worlds” 1,200W (dynamic) power amp configuration:
- -Low-frequency driver: 500W (continuous), Class D amplifier
- -High-frequency driver: 200W (continuous), Class A/B amplifier
- -Maximum SPL 132 dB peak
- 1.35-inch, high-frequency compression driver
- 15-inch woofer with a 2.5-inch voice coil
- 45 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- 132 dB SPL (max)
- 90° x 60° (horizontal x vertical) dispersion pattern
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and ¼” inputs and one summed balanced output
- Multi-angle enclosure for mains or monitor-wedge applications
- Comfortable ergonomic handle
- 35 mm pole socket with 7.5˚ downward tilt
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation
- Defeatable front-panel LED
- Rugged plastic enclosure
- Tour-grade, 16 gauge steel grille