Presonus AudioBox iOne Audio Interface Overview
The Presonus AudioBox iOne is a lightweight and tough portable Audio Interface, ideal for musicians, Podcasters, Singers, Field Recorders and more who want to record high-quality audio at home or on the move.
Its USB 2.0 bus-powered system results in plug and recordability right out the box.
Power up the interface via your computer, plug in your microphone and instrument and thanks to AudioBox iOne’s powerful Class-A mic preamps, you are ready to get recording using the included Studio One Artist software for Mac and Windows or Capture Duo recording software for iPad.
Record high-quality clean audio thanks to the AudioBox iOne’s 24-bit, 96 kHz digital converters whilst the crystal clear headphone output allows you to hear in detail how you sound with zero latency or interference.
Weighing in at just 0.63KG this audio interface excels in portability without compromising on rigidity and build quality thanks to its all-metal chassis, sitting comfortably on your desk, lap or any small surface, the AudioBox iOne essentially allows you to record wherever you find yourself!
Can I record anywhere with this interface?
If you are travelling with a laptop or iPad and the provided USB 2.0 cable, you can plug in your microphone and guitar and record in any location you wish thanks to the AudioBox iOne’s compact and lightweight design. Furthermore, you can wirelessly transfer your recordings directly from your iPad to a Mac or PC running Studio One!
Can I edit and mix my recordings with everything provided?
Yes! The included Studio One Artist software for Mac and Windows or Capture Duo recording software for iPad are quick and simple to install and allow you to record, mix and edit your audio as you see fit. Additionally, you can construct entire songs using Studio One Artist’s professional-quality plug-ins, virtual instruments, sounds, and loops.
Will the AudioBox iOne be able to power my microphone and guitar enough?
Yes, the AudioBox iOne’s Class A preamps and onboard 48V phantom power allow you to easily power your microphone, guitar or bass and get recording right away.
Are the recordings from the AudioBox iOne high quality enough to be used as final versions?
Absolutely, thanks to PreSonus’ professional-quality, 24-bit converters that sample at up to 96 kHz, there is no quality lost between mic/guitar and interface.
I'm a podcaster, what if I need to record up to two microphones simultaneously during my recording session?
The AudioBox iOne has one XLR and one 1/4 inch jack input and therefore can record a single microphone and guitar only, however, the iOne's bigger brother the AudioBox iTwo features TWO combo mic and switchable line/instrument inputs which will allow you to record from two separate microphone sources, i.e for Interviews or recording multiple instruments.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0/iPad audio interface
- 24-bit resolution; 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 1 microphone input with low-noise, high-headroom, Class A mic preamplifier and +48V phantom power
- 1 instrument input
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS main line-level outputs
- Stereo headphone output with independent level control
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer (fixed 50/50 mix via Direct button)
- Large main volume knob
- Signal present and clipping LEDs
- Studio One® Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) and 6+ GB of third-party resources
- Transfer files wirelessly from Capture for iPad to Studio One
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad®
- Studio Magic Plug-in Suite included
- Kensington lock hole
- Metal chassis
- Type: XLR female, balanced
- Frequency Response (±3.0 dB): 10 Hz to 40 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1,200Ω
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 52 dB Gain): > 65 dB
- Gain Control Range (± 1 dB): 0 dB to 52 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): +10 dBu
- Phantom Power (±2 VDC): +48 VDC
- TypeL: ¼" TS female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Type: ¼" TRS female, balanced
- Output Impedance: 51Ω
- Type: ¼" TRS active stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/ch. @ 60Ω Load
- Frequency Response (±1.0 dB): 20 Hz - 30 kHz
- Output Impedance: 10Ω
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: +10 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power: USB bus-powered
- Height: 1.71” (43.5 mm)
- Depth: 5.31" (135 mm)
- Width: 5.91” (150 mm)
- Weight: 1.35 lbs (0.62 kg)
M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
Arturia Keystep Controller Keyboard, White
PreSonus ATOM Integrated Performance Production Controller
Roland RMC-B25 Black Microphone Cable, 25ft/7.5m
Stagg SGC3 Instrument Cable, 3m/10ft
Stagg SMC3 XLR Microphone Cable 3m/10ft, Black
Yamaha HS5 MP Matched Pair Active Monitors
Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Studio Monitors, Pair
Shure SM57 Dynamic Microphone