PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio Ultimate 25th Anniversary Edition
PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio Ultimate 25th Anniversary Edition
The PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio Ultimate bundle is a complete recording solution that provides you with everything you need to start recording, producing and mixing your music.
Overview from GAK
Eris 3.5 Monitors
What sets the Studio Ultimate bundle apart is that it comes with a pair of PreSonus’ Eris 3.5 active studio monitors. These premium reference monitors provide a detailed, smooth and accurate listening experience so you can make informed decisions when mixing your music and get the best out of your productions.
The Eris 3.5 monitors boast a wide sweet spot due to the one-inch silk-dome tweeter, which radiates with a fairly wide dispersion pattern. This creates a much wider listening area, where you can hear everything as it’s meant to sound.
As well as being very easy to use and set up, the Eris 3.5 monitors are compact and highly portable, making them great companions for a portable studio.
The Studio Ultimate bundle comes with PreSonus’ M7 condenser microphone, an XLR cable and a hard mount, all you need to do is plug it into your AudioBox 96 and you’re ready to record. The M7 is a versatile condenser mic with a warm frequency response that’s perfect for recording vocals (including singing & podcasting), guitars (acoustic & electric), drums and more.
Achieving incredible results with the M7 is a breeze thanks to its cardioid polar pattern, which helps to focus on your audio source and reject sound from elsewhere. With its impressive 134dB of SPL, the M7 can handle extremely loud sources such as cranked guitar amps and heavy snare drums hits.
As part of the AudioBox 96 Studio Ultimate bundle, you receive a pair of PreSonus’ own HD7 studio headphones. When it comes to monitoring, playback and mixing you can count on the HD7 headphones to deliver precise deep bass reduction and a full-range response. These professional quality cans have been a lightweight and comfortable design, which makes them easy to wear during extended listening sessions.
The PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 is a heavy-duty, steel chassis, two-channel USB 2.0 bus-powered audio interface that weighs in at only 0.6kg. Compatible for PC and Mac, this user-friendly portable audio interface from PreSonus provides you with dual combo mic/instrument inputs that are powered by high-performance, high-headroom and low-noise preamps.
Phantom Power & MIDI Ready
Combine this with 48V+ phantom power and you can be sure that any mic or instrument you plug into will sound fantastic. Additionally, utilize the rear-facing MIDI/IO input to also incorporate your Synths and MIDI controllers. If you want to connect your older synths or MIDI controllers that are only equipped with traditional DIN to your computer, you can utilise the AudioBox 96’s rear-facing MID I/O.
Zero Latency Recording
Thanks to the AudioBox 96’s internal mixer monitoring and individual headphone input, you can experience zero latency during recording and playback to ensure the best take possible. No matter what environment you find yourself recording in, you can always closely monitor and adjust your levels with the individual channel trim controls and main output level control.
Free DAW Software
In addition to a high-quality audio interface, PreSonus also include their acclaimed Studio One© Artist software - free of charge. This incredibly user-friendly DAW will allow you to record, arrange, edit and mix entire tracks, podcasts and more with ease. Plus, you’ll also have access to a wide range of FX, EQ’s, virtual instruments and more available via the Studio Magic Plug-In Suite, which can be downloaded with the purchase and registration of your AudioBox USB 96.
Thanks to the inclusion of the PreSonus’ Studio One Artist DAW and Studio Magic Suite you can record direct into this user-friendly production software and continue to edit, arrange and mix your final track utilising cutting edge plug-ins, instruments, effects and mix tools.
Whilst the AudioBox 96 may only be 0.6kg in weight, its steel chassis ensures it can survive rigorous use and easily fit into your bag due to its compact frame. With its refined look and sturdy build, this interface is ideal if you often find yourself recording on the move.
Easy To Use
An advantage of the AudioBox 96 is that it’s incredibly quick and simple to set up. Once you’ve installed the free Studio One Artist software, plug it into your laptop via the included USB 2.0 cable and the bus-powered unit will jolt in action. From here, take your microphone or instrument of choice and simply connect via XLR, ¼ Jack or MIDI cable via the front and rear-facing inputs and you are ready to start recording.
Thanks to the AudioBox USB 96’s two flexible combo mic/instrument inputs and rear-facing MIDI/IO input, you can record a multitude of instruments, synths, MIDI controllers and more.
The Studio Ultimate version of the AudioBox USB 96 also includes a pair of Eris 3.5 active studio monitors. If you also want the option to mix and playback your music loud and proud, we recommend going for the Ultimate bundle.
If you’re in the market for a robust mobile and home recording package, the PreSonus AudioBox 96 Studio Ultimate bundle is highly recommended.
- Sleek black finish celebrates 25 years of PreSonus
- AudioBox 96 is perfect as the main hub for your home studio
- Monitor your sound with Eris 3.5 monitors
- M7 condenser mic and HD7 headphones for recording and monitoring
- Complete with Studio One Artist music software and Studio Magic plugin suite
- - 2 x 2 USB 2.0 recording interface 24-bit / 96 kHz
- - Connections: 2 x Mic / instrument input XLR combo socket
- - 2 x Line output 6.3 mm jack balanced
- - MIDI input and output
- - Stereo headphone output 6.3 mm jack
- - USB 2.0 port
- - Phantom power + 48V power can be activated
- - Volume control for line output
- - USB bus-powered
- - System requirements Interface: Windows 7x 64 / x86 SP1, Windows 8 / 8.1 x64 / x86, Windows 10 x64 / x86 or Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher
- - Incldues Presonus Studio One Artist software + Studio Magic plug-in suite
- Studio One 4 Artist:
- - Audio MIDI sequencer (DAW)
- - Consistent one-window philosophy
- - Consistent drag-and-drop functionality
- - Unlimited number of audio instruments and effects channels as well as buses
- - Content browser with musical search function and integrated player
- - Pattern / step sequencer for intuitive drum and melody programming
- - Time stretching, resampling and normalization in real time
- - Included virtual instruments: Presence XT with 14 GB library and import of foreign formats, Mai Tai, Mojito, Impact XT, SampleOne XT37 Effect Plug-Ins
- HD7 Studio headphones:
- - Circumaural design
- - Precise deep bass reproduction
- - Dynamic 50 mm neodymium driver
- - Frequency response: 10 - 30000 Hz
- - Impedance: 32 ohms
- M7 large diaphragm condenser microphone:
- - Directional characteristic: Cardioid
- - Frequency response: 40 to 18000 Hz
- - Sensitivity: -39 dBV / Pa (12.2 mV / Pa)
- - Max. Sound pressure level: 136 dB SPL
- Eris E3.5 studio monitors:
- - 3.5" Woofer with Kevlar membrane
- - 1" Tweeter with silk membrane
- - Frequency range: 80 - 20000 Hz
- - Maximum level: 100 dBA SPL (peak)
- - Inputs: TRS jacks (L / R, balanced), RCA pair (L / R)
- - Treble and bass controls (-6 to + 6dB each)
- - Front aux input (stereo mini jack) for smartphone etc.
- - Front headphone socket (stereo mini jack)
- - Front volume control with on / off switch and operating LED
Quality products at a reasonable price. What’s not to like !!!!!!