PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 25th Anniversary Edition
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 25th Anniversary Edition
Overview from GAK
PreSonus’ AudioBox USB 96 audio interface is here to accommodate your recording needs at home, in the studio and on the move. It’s an excellent choice if you’re an aspiring player, singer, podcaster or producers that needs a simple, portable and affordable audio interface that delivers top-notch sound quality.
The PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 is a heavy-duty, steel chassis, two-channel USB 2.0 bus-powered audio interface that weighs in at only 0.6kg. Compatible for PC and Mac, this user-friendly portable audio interface from PreSonus provides you with dual combo mic/instrument inputs that are powered by high-performance, high-headroom and low-noise preamps.
Phantom Power & MIDI Ready
Combine this with 48V+ phantom power and you can be sure that any mic or instrument you plug into will sound fantastic. Additionally, utilize the rear-facing MIDI/IO input to also incorporate your Synths and MIDI controllers. If you want to connect your older synths or MIDI controllers that are only equipped with traditional DIN to your computer, you can utilise the AudioBox 96’s rear-facing MID I/O.
Zero Latency Recording
Thanks to the AudioBox 96’s internal mixer monitoring and individual headphone input, you can experience zero latency during recording and playback to ensure the best take possible. No matter what environment you find yourself recording in, you can always closely monitor and adjust your levels with the individual channel trim controls and main output level control.
Free DAW Software
In addition to a high-quality audio interface, PreSonus also include their acclaimed Studio One© Artist software - free of charge. This incredibly user-friendly DAW will allow you to record, arrange, edit and mix entire tracks, podcasts and more with ease. Plus, you’ll also have access to a wide range of FX, EQ’s, virtual instruments and more available via the Studio Magic Plug-In Suite, which can be downloaded with the purchase and registration of your AudioBox USB 96.
Thanks to the inclusion of the PreSonus’ Studio One Artist DAW and Studio Magic Suite you can record direct into this user-friendly production software and continue to edit, arrange and mix your final track utilising cutting edge plug-ins, instruments, effects and mix tools.
Whilst the AudioBox 96 may only be 0.6kg in weight, its steel chassis ensures it can survive rigorous use and easily fit into your bag due to its compact frame. With its refined look and sturdy build, this interface is ideal if you often find yourself recording on the move.
Easy To Use
An advantage of the AudioBox 96 is that it’s incredibly quick and simple to set up. Once you’ve installed the free Studio One Artist software, plug it into your laptop via the included USB 2.0 cable and the bus-powered unit will jolt in action. From here, take your microphone or instrument of choice and simply connect via XLR, ¼ Jack or MIDI cable via the front and rear-facing inputs and you are ready to start recording.
Thanks to the AudioBox USB 96’s two flexible combo mic/instrument inputs and rear-facing MIDI/IO input, you can record a multitude of instruments, synths, MIDI controllers and more.
The PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 also comes in two bundles - the Studio & Studio Ultimate. We highly recommend the bundles if you’re after an all-in-one home and mobile recording solution where everything you need is in the box.
If you’re in the market for a simple to use audio interface that delivers great audio and will last for years to come, we highly recommend checking out the PreSonus AudioBox USB 96.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac and Windows
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rates
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with high-performance, low-noise, high-headroom mic preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Headphone jack with level control
- Includes Studio One 3 Artist DAW software and 6+ GB of third-party resources
- 1/3U rack-mountable
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (±3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200Ω
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (± 1 dB): +10 dB to 55 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (±2 VDC): +48 VDC
- Type: ¼" TS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 0.5 MΩ
- Gain Control Range (± 1 dB): +5 dB to 50 dB
- Type: ¼" Balanced
- Output Impedance: 51Ω
- Type: ¼" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/Ch @ 60Ω Load
- Frequency Response (±1.0 dB): 20 Hz - 30 kHz
- Type: Dual 5-pin Female DIN
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: +4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power: USB 2.0 bus-powered
- Dimensions: 1/3U (steel chassis)
- Height: 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Depth: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Width: 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Weight: 1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
No upgrades available
I've had problem after problem I'm going to switch it for the studio 24c
Solid good price. No complaints.
Excellent product which I am using with Cakewalk. Compact, sturdy, good layout , easy software download, good instructions on the knobs, warning to turn input gain down before changing mic, sound quality excellent.