Presonus Eris E44 Studio Monitor (Single)
Presonus Eris E44 Studio Monitor Overview By GAK.
Eris E44 Active MTM monitors deliver smooth on- and off-axis response with more dynamic output than conventional two-way studio monitor configurations, thanks to their MTM (midwoofer-tweeter-midwoofer) design, which features a 1.25-inch silk dome high-frequency driver nested between two 4.5-inch Kevlar® low-frequency drivers. The nested MTM configuration facilitates both vertical and horizontal loudspeaker placement while providing improved spatial resolution with a much wider sweet spot than conventional designs. The weave and nature of the dual Kevlar® woofers helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener's ear, resulting in a less colored, more cohesive sound. These dual woofers operate in parallel within the same frequency range, acting to minimize phase displacement to provide optimal stereo imaging
The E44 utilizes a pair of 4.5-inch, custom-woven, Kevlar® low-frequency drivers. This provides a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound. The weave and nature of the dual Kevlar woofers also helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener’s ear. In conjunction with the MTM/D’Appolito configuration, this helps create a transparent, cohesive sound.
Sound waves radiating from the two components in a conventional speaker design can interfere with one another, creating peaks at some frequencies and dips at others, and these will vary depending on where the listener is relative to the speaker. In an MTM/D’Appolito configuration, component interference and the sonic inconsistencies that go with it are minimized. This affords listeners an ultra-wide sweet spot and a more consistent listening experience on- and off-axis.
Ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
The Eris® E44 delivers an expanded and highly accurate frequency response and the widest stereo field available in its class. Its nested Midwoofer-Tweeter-Midwoofer (MTM, also known as “D’Appolito”) configuration offers improved off-axis response and spatial resolution. The result is a more consistent listening experience, smoother frequency response, and an ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
Horizontal or vertical—it’s up to you.
Many MTM configurations must be arrayed vertically, rather than horizontally, because vertical placement provides a clear, interference-free midrange and treble reproduction to either side, expanding the sweet spot. By bringing the midrange drivers closer together and raising the high-frequency driver, the E44 and E66 are able to perform optimally in both orientations. So, like all Eris speakers, the E44 and E66 let you position your speaker the way that works best for you.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Nested MTM design with dual Kevlar® drivers provides smooth on- and off-axis response with more dynamic output than conventional two-way studio monitor configurations
- MTM design minimizes phase displacement and leads to improved spatial resolution and a much wider sweet spot
- Dual 4.5-inch, custom-woven Kevlar LF/midrange drivers produce dynamic, size-defying bass output
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome HF driver ensures smooth high-frequency performance that is never fatiguing to the ears
- Unique design supports vertical and horizontal loudspeaker placement to fit into any mix environment
- 90W Class A/B bi-amplification for an open, clear sound
- Acoustic tuning controls help to compensate for room anomalies, providing a consistent frequency response customized for your mix environment
- Balanced XLR, balanced ¼-inch TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Continuously variable HF and MF controls (-6 to 6 dB)
- Low-cut filter (flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB) compensates for room placement
- RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, and subsonic filter protection
- Power: 110-120V, 50/60 Hz or 220-240V, 50/60 Hz