PreSonus FaderPort 8 USB Production Controller
The FaderPort 8 features eight 100 mm motorised, touch-sensitive faders; digital scribble strip displays; and a unique Session Navigator to make mixing and controlling your favorite DAW application quick and easy. The FaderPort 8 is compatible with virtually any DAW host for Mac OSX or Windows, with support for HUI and Mackie Control and native control of Studio One, including Control Link support as well as 'parameter follow', allowing you quick access to any control under your mouse. Its ergonomic design makes it a comfortable companion to your keyboard and mouse, a wonderful addition for anyone mixing in-the-box.
Don’t kill that mouse—give it a companion.
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™ 8’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. With 8 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders and 57 buttons covering 78 different functions, you can quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust your click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
Work faster and smarter.
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort 8 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight high-definition digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. And if you select a track with your mouse, the FaderPort 8 will follow your selection, giving you yet another way to get to the function you need, right when you need it. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
One-button access to key functions.
The FaderPort 8's unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Dedicated buttons are provided to instantly arm all tracks for recording; control mutes and Solo Clear; view only the tracks, buses, and VCAs you want so see; and more. You’re not limited to preset controls, either: Four programmable User buttons let you quickly and easily access your favorite functions.
With the compact, easy-to-use FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced. But don’t just take our word for it; visit your favorite PreSonus dealer and try the FaderPort 8 for yourself!
- 8 touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders
- 8 high-definition Scribble Strip displays
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next / Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On/Off with tap tempo
- Session Navigator provides quick control over track scrolling, channel banking, timeline scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader functionality: plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
- macOS® / Windows® compatible with native Studio One® support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- The FaderPort 8's unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Dedicated buttons are provided to instantly arm all tracks for recording; control mutes and Solo Clear; view only the tracks, buses, and VCAs you want so see; and more. You’re not limited to preset controls, either: Four programmable User buttons let you quickly and easily access your favorite functions.
No upgrades available
Bought the single Faderport from GAK about a year or two ago. Loved using it so much that I couldn’t help myself when passing the shop recently and noticed the Faderport 8 in stock. Bought it instantly and it’s fabulous... much more organic way of mixing, reminiscent of when I first started recording back in the late 70s, yet with all the advantages and flexibility digital now gives us. Very happy!
Great DAW controller with all the controls and functions you need. Please bear in mind even though this is a universal controller it is geared towards Studio One. Cubase (what i use) is very limited. To work around this I've been using a patch designed by a third party company (2600hz) that enables all functions in MCU mode. Presonus are slowly improving the firmware for MCU and pro tools so hopefully functionality across all DAWs will be implemented. Great build quality, sleek design, nice price.
Get one. But hold down select buttons 1 & 2 when you first switch it on, and select your mode option (it depends on your DAW). If you don't do this it will not do anything,and that is rather disconcerting after spending four hundred quid.Well made and lovely lights - run the "Mardi Gras" fader test, turn the lights off and gather the kids around for a jolly all singing and dancing lights-fest :-) Worth four hundred quid just for that...well praps not but it's a good tool especially when used in Presonus Studio One.
If your DAW of choice is Studio One you need to get this!