Presonus StudioLive CS18AI Ethernet/AVB Control Surface
The Presonus StudioLive CS18AI is a compact, intuitive mixing solution for the StudioLive RM16AI and RM32AI rack-mount digital mixers and Studio One® digital audio workstation. PreSonus StudioLive mixers redefined affordable compact mixing, forever changing the world and setting the standard for what digital mixers could be. All StudioLive products are at home both live and in the studio, are easy to learn, and incorporate uniquely PreSonus workflows and features.Complete control of StudioLive RM-series rack mixers.
Networked with StudioLive RM-series mixers via PreSonus UCNET technology, the StudioLive CS18AI offers complete hardware control of up to 64-channels and all mixer features. Keep your mixing I/O onstage in a rack, while running the mix from hundreds of feet way, using a lightweight Ethernet cable instead of a cumbersome analog snake and separate stagebox. Set up a wireless network and add an iPad®, a large Windows® 8/10 touchscreen, a Mac® or Windows laptop, or any combination for unprecedented mixing and control.
Extensive mix control for Studio One 3.
Unlike DAW controllers that give you some faders and generic controls that try to do too much with too little, the StudioLive CS18AI provides extensive hardware control for Studio One 3. Control channel faders and automation, PreSonus and third-party plug-ins, transport control, and more. Controlling Studio One with a CS18AI is like mixing with a large studio console—but more flexible.
Filter DCAs are better than layers.
Although you can navigate your mixes using traditional layers, a better solution is our unique Filter DCA groups, which bring the elements of the mix to you. Filter DCAs combine concepts of DCAs and view groups into an intuitive workflow designed to make your life easier when you’re in the heat of a live mix. For instance, rather than trying to remember which layer the lead guitar is on, select your guitar Filter DCA, and you'll have access to your guitar channels. This is going to change the way you mix! For more about Filter DCAs, see our UC Surface page.
Built-in, 4x2, AVB-networked audio.
Through the power and flexibility of AVB audio networking, the StudioLive CS18AI can not only transmit control data but can also send and receive audio channels across long distances. You get two mic/line inputs with PreSonus remote-controllable XMAX preamps and two line inputs that you can use as sources for the talkback, 2-track playback, or other sources from front-of-house. The CS18AI’s two TRS line-level returns are shared with the monitor line outputs and headphone output and can be sourced from any RM mixer output, including the solo bus, main mix, or any aux mix.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Your needs are unique. PreSonus AI systems are designed to address your individual requirements. With several control options and exclusive software integration features, you can accomplish more and have exactly the control and capabilities you need.
- The StudioLive CS18AI connects to RM mixers with a single CAT 5 Ethernet cable. That enables Active Integration with PreSonus software including UC Surface control software for iPad, Windows 8 touchscreen, and Mac computers; iPhone and iPod management of personal monitor mixes with QMix-AI; and direct Capture™ control for live recording and virtual soundchecks.
- We've never liked the complexity that comes with navigating your mix using channel layers. That's why StudioLive mixers have traditionally featured a one-to-one channel configuration, with no layers. While the StudioLive CS18AI does support classic layer navigation, it also features our unique Filter DCAs for controlling and navigating your mix.
- The StudioLive CS18AI is the first live mix system that lets you control 64 channels from a 19-inch, rack-mountable control surface. Filter DCA groups bring the elements of the mix to you. Rather than trying to remember which layer the lead guitar is on, simply select your guitar DCA Filter, and you'll have access to your guitar channels. Filter DCAs take concepts of DCAs and view groups and combine them into an intuitive workflow designed to make your life easier when you're in the heat of a live mix. No other mixing system can offer such compact and affordable mixing system that's so easy to use.
- Every aspect of the CS18AI was designed to help you mix with ease and reliability. RGB Select buttons make it easier to identify channels, layers, and mixes based on color. True touch-sensitive faders know when your finger makes contact so the fader will never fight you, and you can experience real automation functionality in the studio. The CS18AI lights your way through mixing with 146 illuminated buttons; 16 high-res, 64x96 pixel scribble strips; a touch-sensitive, 4.3-inch (109 mm) LCD display; and 16 11-segment LED level ladders. If you need to control it, it lights up.
- With a simple Ethernet connection, the StudioLive CS18AI becomes the control for Studio One, giving you an instant studio upgrade and closing the loop between studio and stage. Now you can get the performance of a big mixing console in a compact controller with a natural feel. Other DAW controllers give you some faders and generic controls that try to do too much with too little. The CS18AI is a complete mix controller that doesn't skimp on functionality. You get all the classic mixer controls and workflows while still keeping the footprint compact.
- Through the power and flexibility of audio networking, the StudioLive CS18AI can send and receive audio channels across long distances with just a single Ethernet cable. Use the two mic and two line inputs as sources for the talkback, digital return, or networked sources for Channels 31 and 32 on StudioLive RM mixers. The two returns are shared with the monitor line outputs and headphone output and can be sourced from any output of the RM mixers, including the Solo bus, main mix, or any aux mixes.
- 18 100mm, touch-sensitive motorized faders: 16 Channel, 1 Flex, 1 Master
- Control StudioLive RM AI mix systems of up to 64-channels
- Full PreSonus Fat Channel DSP control with individual encoders and 12-LED displays for:
- -Gate Threshold, Range, Attack, Release
- -Compressor Ratio, Attach, Release, Gain
- -Limiter Threshold
- -EQ Low, Low-Mid, High-Mid, High
- -Sixteen 12-LED channel ladder level and Fat Channel displays
- -Three 11-LED Select Channel Level/Compressor/Gate displays
- -11-LED displays for Main Center/Mono, Left and Right
- Variable-color (RGB) Select buttons for easy channel and Filter DCA group identification
- 16-channels of high resolution 64 x 96 scribble strip display with Pan indicators
- 4.3" / 109 mm color touch-sensitive display:
- -Effects, Scenes, Markers Edit
- -Audio Routing
- -Channel Presets and settings
- -Talkback Assign
- 4 Effects Mute/Mix button with TAP
- Navigate using traditional layers or with intuitive PreSonus Filter DCA groups
- Active Integration™ with PreSonus software includes UC Surface™ software
- Studio One control surface functionality including: touch-sensitive motorized fader control over channel faders and automation, plug-in cotnrol for PreSonus and third-party plug-ins, Channel Mute, Channel Solo and Solo clear, Channel Select, Channel Pan control, Scribble strip names, pan indication, and current automation mode, channel layer navigation, Aux mix and transport control, Automation mode selection, metering
- 4x2 AVB audio transport control with Marker Shift, REW/FF options
- Analog I/O:
- -2 remote XMAX™ mic preamps for talkback, room mic or other local inputs
- -2 balanced 1/4" TRS line inputs
- -2 XLR line outputs
- -stereo headphone output with level control
- -Monitor control level control
- 4-pin XLR lamp connection
- Footswitch input
- Silent internal PSU with no fans
- Same footprint as StudioLive 16.4.2AI for integration in 19" rack mounts and 3rd-party studio desks
- Optional iPad mount accessory