Presonus StudioLive RML16AI Rack Mount Digital Mixer
Equally at home in houses of worship, schools, broadcast facilities, live venues, touring rigs, and recording studios, the PreSonus® StudioLive® RML16AI rack-mount Active Integration™ digital mixer is a versatile and flexible solution for live sound and recording. These versatile 25-bus mixers offer 8 mic inputs, 8 combo mic/line inputs, and 16 digital inputs via FireWire, AVB, or Dante, for a total of 32 input channels, expandable up to 64. StudioLive RML16AI mixers are flawlessly integrated with state-of-the-art software and boast an integrated multitrack recording interface, advanced AVB or Dante networking, and multiple control options. Yet they’re easy to use, with a workflow that will let you focus on mixing, without being distracted by the technology.
Networking provides remote control, recording, and more.
Powerful, real-time, wired and Wi-Fi networking enables recording and remote control over all StudioLive RML16AI features. Use the included AVB networking connection or choose optional Dante networking. Control your StudioLive RML16AI wirelessly from anywhere in the venue using free Mac®, Windows®, and iOS® software. Network the RML16AI to a StudioLive AI-series front-of-house console, using the rack-mount mixer as a stage box and monitor mixer. Send and receive networked audio via optional Dante for multitrack recording. Connect to hundreds of Dante-enabled products. Once you’ve used a networked StudioLive RML16AI, you’ll never go back to the old way of mixing!
Control the mixer with hardware and software—from anywhere.
Thanks to PreSonus Active Integration, StudioLive RML16AI mixers can be controlled in multiple ways simultaneously so you can customize your system to suit your needs and workflow. Control the mixer over a wired or wireless network using an array of integrated software for Mac, Windows, and iPad. Add physical control with PreSonus’ StudioLive CS18AI Ethernet/AVB control surface, which features high-quality, touch-sensitive, motorized faders and far more mixer-control features than we can list here—and can control Studio One, too!
Integrated, multiplatform software for flexible control and one-click recording.
PreSonus StudioLive RML-series mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface touch-control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad®. Remote control the mixer’s recallable XMAX preamps and Fat Channel processing with Studio One® Artist for low-latency recording with effects. Musicians control their monitor mixes onstage with QMix™-AI for iPhone®/iPod® touch. Completely automate virtual soundchecks and record shows at up to 96 kHz with Capture™. Tune your system to the room and watch for problems in your mix with UC Surface’s integrated Smaart® wizards, RTA, and spectrograph. Save mixer scenes with your live recordings in Capture and edit both in Studio One Artist. StudioLive RML-series mixers and software work together to form a cohesive ecosystem that helps you achieve your creative vision.
Recording is in StudioLive AI’s DNA.
The StudioLive RML16AI’s built-in 54x34 multitrack recording interface is tightly integrated with the rest of the mixer—not an afterthought we tacked on. All 32 channels and your choice of buses continuously stream to your FireWire- or Dante™-connected Mac or PC. Each of the first 16 channels can independently access its analog input or its dedicated digital return from your computer. The 16 digital input channels can receive multitrack inputs from a computer, perfect for backing tracks and effects. And with StudioLive RML mixers, recording is simple and easy: Just launch the included, preconfigured Capture™ software for one-click recording of all channel inputs and your main mix. Or record with the included Studio One Artist DAW—or any recording software that supports ASIO or Core Audio. Now you can record in the studio or at the gig with equal ease—only with StudioLive.
- 8 locking XLR mic inputs and 8 combo locking XLR mic-¼” TRS line inputs, each with:
- -Recallable XMAX Class A analog mic preamps
- -+48V phantom power
- Stereo tape input (RCA jacks)
- 8 XLR line-level Mix outputs
- Four 300 ms alignment delays on the last four Mix outputs
- -1 DB25 jack mirrors 8 line-level Mix outputs
- 3 XLR main outputs (left, right, mono/center) with analog trim pots
- S/PDIF digital output on removable option card
- Headphone output with volume knob and selectable source
- 1x1 MIDI I/O (for future implementation)
- Designed specifically for live sound mixing
- Multiplatform support for Mac ® , Windows ® , and iPad ®
- W-indows 8/10 multi-touch-compatible for large touchscreen mixing
- Flexible and expandable computing options: Use a laptop with or without a touchscreen, an iPad, or any combination
- -Contextual-based navigation for quick, intuitive access to all mixing functions
- 8 Mute Groups with All On and All Off
- Scene Store and Recall
- -Global Scene Storage: all current StudioLive RML settings
- -Up to 99 at a time
- -8 Quick Scenes for instant scene save/recall—like “speed dial” for scenes
- -Automatic Global AutoStore
- -Customizable naming (for example, "Saturday Gig" or "Main Worship Service")
- Individual channel-strip setting storage
- -Up to 100 at a time, plus…
- -50 channel-strip presets included for drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, and vocals
- -Copy and paste among channels and buses
- -Can be saved as user presets
- -Can be browsed by category (Drums, Vocals, Horns, Guitar, Bass, and more)
- Contextual Presets System
- -Presets filtered by Channel Types
- -Quickly audition presets on the fly
- -Edit auditioned preset before loading
- -Save and load presets on all platforms including iOS
- Filter DCAs
- -Unlimited groups
- -Automatic group creation using Channel Types
- -Custom groups
- -Security features to monitor and restrict access to the mixer’s controls
- Connector IEC
- Input-Voltage Range 90 to 240 VAC
- Power Requirements (continuous) 200W
- Recommended Ambient Operating Temperature 0° to 40° Celsius / 32° to 104° Fahrenheit
- Height 5.25” (13.34 cm)
- Width 19” (48.26 cm)
- Depth 10.5” (26.67 cm)
- Weight 19 lbs. (8.62 kg)