PRS S2 Vela Semi-Hollow Satin, McCarty Tobacco Sunburst
The PRS S2 Vela Semi-Hollow Satin is a vintage-inspired guitar with loads of personality and tonal textures. The Vela boasts a contemporary offset body shape, and the addition of a semi-hollow body and satin nitro finish gives the Vela added attitude and resonance with a truly addictive feel.
Its pickguard-loaded electronics feature a PRS DS-01 pickup in the bridge, providing a bright, punky tone and the PRS-Designed Type-D Single-Coil in the neck that gives the Vela some noteworthy bite. The coil-tap on the tone control allows the bridge pickup to split to single coils, providing a balanced tone that will cut through the mix with style.
Anchoring this guitar is the PRS plate-style bridge with two saddles that were designed to compensate for intonation. This bridge harkens back to Paul’s early designs and traditional bass plate-style bridges but is top-loading for easy restringing. Like the bridge found on Paul’s Guitar and some Private Stock models, PRS’s plate-style bridge features brass saddles and an aluminum plate for maximum tonal sustain.
- Body Wood: Mahogany Semi-Hollow Body with Single F-Hole
- Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Finish
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlay: Dots
- Bridge: PRS Plate Style Bridge
- Tuners: PRS Low Mass Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: PRS-Designed DS-01
- Bass Pickup: Type-D Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume and Push/Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Included Accessories: Gig Bag