QSC TouchMix-16 Compact Digital Mixer
QSC TouchMix-16 Compact Digital Mixer overview from GAK
The QSC Audio TouchMix is a compact and portable digital mixer that boasts the power and durability of a large format console. The TouchMix series includes the flagship TouchMix-8, TouchMix-16 and Touchmix-30 Pro, all of which offer unparalleled sound quality and cutting-edge technology. These mixers are essential tools for Musicians and bands as well as AV professionals and small venue engineers.
Out of the box, the TouchMix-16 is impressive looking. With a total of 22 inputs, included are 16 mic/line ins, 2
The QSC TouchMix-16 now contains the advanced version 3.0 software, introducing both the TouchMix 16 and 8 to features only previously available with the TouchMix-30 Pro including Anti-Feedback, Input Delay, Real-Time Analyzer. Additionally, Version 3 also contains a vast array of brand new features including Channel Safe, Tap Tempo and a complete overhaul of the graphics and screen display detail level. Watch the below video to discover what's new!
Easily incorporate two-way migration between your TouchMix console and DAW with the most up-to-date version of 'TouchMix DAW Utility'. The software is free to download from QSC's own site and takes minutes to install. The TouchMix also allows you to consolidate all your channel recordings into wave files delivering them straight into a dedicated single folder, giving you the option to transport them into your DAW software quickly and easily. Additionally, the TouchMix-16 can also convert your wave files to lower bit-rates for DAW software that only accepts files below the 32-bit floating point.
When transferring from your DAW to the TouchMix, the DAW to TouchMix mode allows you to assign wave files to each TouchMix channel containing directory structure and header files, allowing them to be played as a TouchMix session. The DAW to TouchMix process converts your files and saves them in the correct structure.
The TouchMix-16 features a 4-band Parametric EQ with Hi-Low shelving option, variable 24 dB/octave high pass and low pass filters, the same level of EQ control as the TouchMix-30 Pro. Furthermore, the TouchMix-16 has effective dynamics processing found on each channel, four internal digital effect processors fed by four mix busses. Dynamics, Graphic EQ and Delay can be accessed for both the main and AUX outputs and you will find 8 DCA and mute groups.
The TouchMix-16 is also a great stage monitor mixer thanks to four auxiliary outputs and the option to connect multiple in-ear monitors directly.
To cater for every unique space, different artist, genre and equipment setup, the TouchMix-16 has an extensive collection of onboard channel presets designed by veteran sound engineers. These masterful presets adjust with precision your output to achieve your desired sound quickly. Additionally, you can edit these presets or create and save your own custom mixer scenes within the unit or via USB for fast recall.
The TouchMixer-16 unit is lightweight and highly portable, with no external hardware or computer system necessary. Containing everything you need to take full control of your sound, take it one step further with the available Remote Control App for iOS that allows you to control all mix parameters from your hand-held devise, giving you the freedom to move around the room. The TouchMix's included USB WiFi adapter again ensures no external hardware is needed to get connected!
Includes TouchMix padded carry case.
For more information on the TouchMix's fantastic features, visit the Features and Specifications section or visit the
- Professional Results Made Easy:
- -Simple Mode makes getting great results easy and fast (similar to the"Auto" function on a DSLR camera)
- -Advanced Mode gives pro users total control over all mixer parameters
- -Wizards and preset libraries created specifically for live sound reinforcement assist the user with channel setup, effects selection and more
- -Built-in color touchscreen combined with hardware controls for fast and intuitive operation
- Big Mixer Features and Specifications:
- -4-band full parametric EQ and variable high-pass filter on all input channels.
- -Gate and compressor on all input channels
- -Four premium stereo DSP's with a full selection of professional digital effects
- -1/3 octave graphic EQ, notch filters, limiters and delay on main and aux. outputs, DCA's and mute groups High Quality microphone preamps Channel-selectable phantom power
- -Multiple monitor mixes including ability to drive in-ears directly
- -Multitrack direct to disk recording/playback via external USB hard drive (not included.) No computer required.
- -TouchMix delivers all the processing power and features that a professional live sound engineer could want.
- Compact and Complete:
- -Approximately the size and weight of a small laptop computer
- -Operation via internal color touch-screen and rotary dial, mobile device or both simultaneously
- -USB Wi-Fi adapter included. No additional network hardware required for remote control
- -Includes padded carrying case for protection and easy transport
- 20 full-function inputs: 12 mic, four mic/line (XLR/TRS Combo), two stereo line (TRS), talkback (XLR), USB 2-track
- Outputs: six aux (XLR), two stereo (TRS), main R/L (XLR), cue (TRS), monitor (TRS)
- TRS aux outs drive wired in-ear monitors (IEM) directly.
- Four-band full parametric EQ, variable high-pass and low-pass filters on all input channels.
- Gate and compressor on all input channels.
- Four professional quality stereo DSP effects plus a pitch corrector.
- 1/3-octave graphic equalization, limiters, delay and notch filters on main and aux. outputs.
- Eight DCA and eight mute groups.
- Color, capacitive touch screen graphical user interface combined with hardware controls for fast and intuitive operation.
- Wizards, info and preset libraries assist the user with channel setup, effects selection and more.
- Direct to hard-drive recording and playback of multi-track wave files. Capable of recording all input channels plus a user-selected stereo output pair.
- Remote control via mobile devices. Wi-Fi interface included.
- Expanded Wi-Fi options, including wired connection to an infrastructure router
- Programability of User Buttons
- Support for password protected, multi-level security access
- Updated iOS app
- Personal monitor mix application for both iPhone and iPod Touch
- Operator may limit or allow access on a per-device basis
- iPhone control of the record / playback transport controls and programmable user buttons
- Android support coming soon
- More options for auxiliary mix pick-off points
- Expanded channel presets
No upgrades available
Great service, quality products!