Radial JDX Reactor Guitar Amp Direct Box
The Radial JDX ReactorGäó is a direct box designed to capture the explosive dynamics and warmth of an electric guitar amplifier by connecting between the guitar amp head and speaker cabinet. This delivers a sound that is similar to a well placed microphone while eliminating the frustrating inconsistencies.
The design begins with 100% discrete class-A circuitry and a transformer-coupled 'reactive load' that captures both the sound from the amp head along with the back electromagnetic impulse from the loudspeaker. This produces a more realistic rendering than the usual resistive pad offered by other manufacturers. The signal is then processed via a carefully designed multi-stage filter to emulate the tone of a 4x12 half stack cabinet.
In use, the JDX delivers greater consistency over a typical microphone as irregularities such as mic placement and varying acoustics no longer play the dominant role on stage. This is most appreciated when using in-ear monitors as the tone remains consistent from one show to the next, resulting in shorter setup times and a more comfortable audio feed for the artist.
Although originally designed for guitar, the JDX has also become a favorite on bass. The clarity and punch in the lower mid range delivers a tone that is reminiscent of an Ampeg SVT connected to an 8x10 cabinet. On guitar it sounds as if you have a Shure SM57 in front of a Marshall half-stack.
The JDX Reactor is easy to set up, delivers great sound and is consistent.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Captures the sound of the head and the cabinet
- Delivers consistent tone show after show
- Works equally well on electric guitar and bass
- Great for recording direct without a mic
- Using the Radial JDX on guitar
- -The Radial JDX is connected in between the head and the cabinet where it taps a minute signal off the circuit. The reactive load captures both the sound from the head and the impulse from the cabinet for a more realistic tone.
- Using the Radial JDX on bass
- -Bass guitar sounds amazing with the JDX! You get a fat low-mid punch and extra clarity that makes the bass stand out. It truly sounds like you are playing through an SVT with all the grind and drive"¦ yet it is coming through the PA.
- Using the JDX with a mic and the Phazer
- -For even more fun, combine the direct sound of the JDX with a microphone. Use the Radial Phazer to time-align the two signals and be prepared for the biggest, fattest, most amazing tones ever. Careful"¦ this is addictive!
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year