Radial ProD2 Stereo Direct Box
The Radial ProD2 is a compact stereo direct box developed specifically to address the needs and challenges of interfacing a stereo keyboard to a professional audio system. This passive DI features two independent channels with separate inputs and thru-puts for the artist's stage amp and two fully isolated outputs for the PA system.
At the heart of the design are two high performance Eclipse ET-DB2 transformers. These deliver 20Hz to 20kHz performance with less than 1.5dB deviation above 18kHz and are able to withstand tremendous signal levels without distortion. Unlike active circuits that overload when the signal exceeds the rail voltage, transformers saturate. This creates a pleasing effect that naturally rounds out the tone, acting like a subtle limiter which is particularly advantageous when interfacing the ProD2 with digital pianos, samplers and drum machines that can produce excessive dynamics. Transformers are particularly adept at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
As with all Radial products, the ProD2 is built tough to handle the rigors of professional touring. A 14-gauge steel ultra rigid i-beam skeleton frame eliminates opportunity from outside stress to flex the sensitive PC board and cause premature solder joint failure. The innovative book-end design creates a protective zone around the connectors and switches further increasing lifespan. And a full bottom no-slip pad adds mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to further reduce opportunity for noise.
The Radial ProD2's warm sound, legendary build quality and compact design have made it the most popular stereo direct box made today.
- Stereo direct box designed for keyboards
- Smooth, warm sound rounds out digital edge
- Able to handle huge transients without choking
- May be rack mounted for touring rigs
- ProD2 with Stereo Keyboard
- -The ProD2 is designed for stereo devices like keyboards. Simple, straight ahead hookup makes it easy to connect your keys to your recording system for great stereo sound!
- ProD2 with Drums & Samplers
- -Driving the output from a sampler or electronic drum machine to the PA system has never been easier. The ProD2 delivers plenty of headroom and lets you connect a local DJ mixer too.
- ProD2 with Instruments
- -Two Radial ProDI direct boxes in one, multi instrumentalists rejoice! The ProD2 is perfectly well suited for bass, acoustic guitar or just about any instrument with a pickup.
Really pleased with this. I should have bought one ages ago to run my SPD-SX to the main mixing desk and with a separate throughput to my own monitor mix. Glad I went for the slightly more expensive but highly rated Radial. Cannot really comment on cheaper versions as, clearly, I bought this one. But it is solid and feels robust as well as functioning well.
Rock solid di box. Used plenty in professional studios and they last forever