Radial StageBug SB-5 Laptop DI
The Radial Stage Bug SB-5 is a compact stereo direct box designed to accommodate laptop computers, tablets and other consumer audio products when amplifying the signal through a PA system.
The passive design begins with an integrated input cable that connects from the headphone out via a flexible 1.5m (5') cable that is terminated with a standard 3.5mm (1/8") stereo connector. The cable is secured via a clamping strain relief and is wrapped using the sidewinder cleat for easy storage. This of course eliminates having to locate a cable making it easier to deploy in fast paced work environments. Inside, the signal is sent to a pair of custom wound transformers where the impedance is lowered and the signal is balanced for long cable runs - upwards to 100 meters (300'). Transformers further benefit by isolating the computer from the PA system to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. This is augmented with a ground lift switch to further reduce ground contamination.
A choice of output connectors is available including a stereo set of -+" TRS jacks for full stereo operation or an XLR out that automatically sums the left-right program material to mono. This can save valuable channels on the PA system and makes setup easier in situations where full stereo reproduction is not required. A -15dB input pad may be engaged to reduce sensitivity and enable extra high output sources to be connected without distortion.
These features combine to make the SB-5 the perfect tool-kit DI for the AV technician, media manager or traveling musician equipped with a computer.
- Stereo direct box for laptop computer
- Integral 1.5m cable with sidewinder cleat
- Transformer isolation eliminates noise
- Plug & play easy to use - no power required
- Using the SB-5 with a computer
- -Connect the headphone output from your computer directly into the StageBug SB-5 for quiet performance each time. The sidewinder cable cleat makes storage easy and you never lose the cable!
- Using the SB-5 with a tablet
- -The SB-5 is your perfect direct box when extra portability is needed. Connect your iPad or Galaxy tablet to the SB-5 via the integral 3.5mm cable connection and sum to mono via the XLR output.
- Using the SB-5 with an iPhone
- -Need to play backing tracks in stereo? The Stage Bug SB-5 makes it easy to connect from your portable music player. Connect from the headphone out to the SB-5 and send a balanced stereo signal to the PA.