Radial X-Amp Active Re-Amplifier Reamping Tool
The Radial X-Amp is an active ReamperGäó that allows the engineer to play a pre-recorded track back through guitar amplifiers and pedals. This opens the door to explore new musical sounds and spur on the creative process so that your recording stands out.
Using the X-Amp is easy: start by recording a dry track using a high quality direct box like the Radial J48. Send the new track from your recorder via the X-Amp to your guitar amps, effect pedals or combinations thereof. Once the basic track has been recorded, replacing or adding tracks can be done well after the session player has gone home. This eliminates tiresome repetition and assures a fresh vibrant performance on the final recording. Furthermore, by driving two amps at the same time, new sounds and textures can be created while allowing you to make artistic decisions as the recording progresses.
Following the critically acclaimed Radial JD7 Injector, the X-Amp employs a unique class-A circuit design that has been optimized for use with guitars. Features include balanced line level input with LED peak indicator and level control, class-A circuit topology for optimal reach and frequency response, a transformer isolated output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, a 180-¦ polarity reverse switch to bring both amps into phase, and a dual ground lift switch for noise-free operation.
As with all Radial products, the X-Amp is built like a tank to provide years of trouble-free performance. An internal I-beam skeleton provides maximum protection against external stress which could cause solder points to fail. This is supplemented with an innovative bookend design that creates a protective zone around the switches, potentiometer and connectors. A full bottom no-slip pad performs double duty by keeping the X-Amp from sliding around when placed on a vibrating amplifier while also providing electrical and mechanical isolation. Reamping works equally well on bass, keyboards, drums and voice. Once you start Reamping, you will never record any other way.
The Radial X-Amp... the active Reamp® for professional recording engineers.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Active Reamp® with two outputs
- 100% discrete class-A signal path
- Transformer isolated to eliminate noise
- Variable 'set & forget' level control
- Reamping Step-1
- -To Reamp, start by recording a dry track using a Radial J48 and splitting the signal. Record the wet track using a mic so that the guitarist can hear it. Send him to the beach!
- Reamping Step-2
- -Send the dry track back to the guitar amps and pedals using the X-Amp. Adjust the tone and move the mics around till it sounds right. You can always come back and Reamp later.
- Reamping - Not just for guitars!
- -Try sending a vocal track into a Marshall amp or a Tonebone Classic to add tube warmth and grit. Take it a step further by sending your kick drum to a wah pedal. There are no limits!
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.