Rapier Saffire, Vintage White Overview
The stunning new generation Rapier Saffire solid bodied 6 string electric guitar is a product design from Alan Entwistle, the UK genius guitar designer responsible for a host of successful guitar lines and accessories.
Selected specifically for its natural sonic characteristics, Okoume, from Central Africa, is the chosen tonewood for the body, whilst for speed, comfort and accuracy, the 4-bolt, soft ‘C’ profiled neck with fully adjustable truss rod, is now crafted from hard rock Canadian maple, with a 12in radius, bound rosewood fingerboard with block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets (including zero fret).
For accurate intonation, tuning stability and perfect return to pitch from the original vibrato design, the new generation Rapier Saffire 6 string guitar now features a smooth, friction-free, precision cut 43mm GraphTech Nubone nut, Wilkinson E-Z-Lok machine heads and high spec’d roller bridge.
Hardware upgrades also include a trio of Entwistle’s custom wound, Astrosonic single coil pickups, constructed with 7mm alnico 5, rod magnets mounted on a steel base plate, delivering a full rich dynamic response throughout all frequencies via a 5 way selector switch and single volume and tone pot. The latter, is wired with Entwistle’s own Smooth Track Tone Control circuitry, ensuring a gradual response and clarity throughout the full sweep of the tone control.
It’s quite apparent that Entwistle himself is a creative genius, as witnessed within the Saffire’s wiring, which includes the Entwistle ATN5, a 5-way rotary switch housed on the top horn offering a wide range of additional tonal extremities, from acoustic-like qualities, mid-range boost and high-end chime and clarity for extreme tonal versatility.
Specifically designed as a ‘player’s guitar’, the Rapier Saffire 6 string electric guitar, not only rekindles nostalgic memories for old-school players and collectors, it’s the professional choice for new young talent, effortlessly lending itself to all styles, from country, jazz, pop, to blues and rock, whilst offering exceptional playability and performance.
- Original double-cut solid body featuring Okoume, a central African tonewood chosen specifically for its warmth, depth and high-end clarity.
- Original Saffire Hi Lo design smooth action vibrato system, with chrome finish.
- Pickups: 3 Alan Entwistle Custom Wound low-noise Astrosonic single coil pickups , featuring alnico 5, 7mm rod magnets, delivering exceptional tonal response, balance output and clarity.
- Two Volume Controls with Global Tone control featuring Entwistle SmoothTrak tone circuit producing a gradual response when the tone control is wound back.
- 5-way pickup selector switch.
- 5-position ATN 5 rotary switch, offers advanced sonic versatility within pickup frequency parameters.
- 6 in line: Wilkinson E-Z-Lok machineheads provide simple, effective action for maximum tuning stability.
- 4 bolt hard rock Canadian maple neck with soft ‘C’ profile for instant comfort, speed, accuracy and great feel. Fully adjustable trussrod.
- 12in radius, bound rosewood fingerboard, fitted with 22 medium jumbo frets (including zero fret), block inlay position markers.
- Scale Length: 24.74" / 628 mm.
- Frets: 22- including zero fret. Medium profile for added comfort, accuracy and an overall positive feel.
- Nut: Precision cut, friction-free 43mm GraphTech Nubone nut
- Classic 3-aside headstock design with Rapier logo and inlaid crown.