Revv D20 All-Tube 20W Head
Introducing the Revv D20 - the ultimate pedal-platform tube amp.
Revv is well known in the industry for building stellar handmade all-tube amplifiers in Canada. These boutique amps are highly sought after by touring and recording artists all over the world. However, not everyone needs or can afford a full tube-driven rig. On top of this, practicing, recording at home and silent playing on these tonal monsters can be problematic for most, without even more high-end equipment.
Meet the D20. This all-tube 20-watt head is the first ever amplifier to feature built in Two notes Torpedo cab simulation and switchable internal reactive load, to retain your organic feel and tone when playing without a cab. D20 hosts the world’s finest virtual cabinets, virtual mics, speakers, EQ, and reverb wholly on-board for direct recording, silent playing with headphones and live performance to a front of house PA mix.
Being compatible with Torpedo Remote software to fully customise your tone, via USB, makes D20 perfect for players looking to make their rigs even more portable and fly-in-friendly.
Revv set out to build an amp that not only has this new modern feature set, but still sounded incredible on its own as a standalone amplifier. The output can be switched into a 4-watt mode (great for low-volume practice situations) and with a push/pull gain knob for signature Dynamis cleans or characterful crunch and dirt, is a perfect platform for your favourite pedals.
In addition, in reactive load direct mode, the “Pre/Post” switch selects whether the power amp is in the signal chain. This is so you can also take advantage of Two notes’ power amp simulations and dramatically change the character of the D20 with virtual tubes, such as EL84 etc., for even more tonal variation.
The result is an amp package that is convenient, yet truly great sounding and all at a great price.
- All tube (2x 6V6 and 2x 12AX7) - switchable from 20 to 4 watts output
- Embedded Two notes Torpedo Reactive Load & Virtual Cabinets/Mics/EQ/Reverb
- Inspiring Clean and Crunch tones - developed with Nashville session guitarists
- Perfect platform for your favourite gain pedals
- 3-band EQ, Volume & Gain controls
- Push/Pull gain pot for 2nd crunchier voicing
- Buffered Series FX Loop
- Switchable 4/8 Ohm speaker jack
- XLR Balanced DI, USB and Ground Lift
- 6 Pre-Loaded Virtual Cabinets selectable via front knob - all customisable.
- Up to 128 Torpedo presets via MIDI
- Reactive Load automatically engages when speaker is not detected to preserve amp tubes
- Headphone Out with adjustable level
- Easily-accessible Rear-Bias test ports
- Durable, lightweight aluminium ‘lunchbox style’ enclosure
- Foldable carry handle
- Made in Canada
No upgrades available