RME Babyface Pro USB Audio Interface
RME Babyface Pro Audio Interface
The new RME Babyface Pro aims to show RME's absolute commitment to producing incredible audio recording solutions. The RME Babyface Pro has been created with the highest precision from a block of aluminium featuring newly designed analog and digital circuits. Babyface Pro's innovative energy saving technologies provide supreme fidelity with no compromises in level, noise or distortion. 24-Channel 192 kHz bus-powered professional USB 2 audio interface
- For the main I/O RME have designed a completely new XLR socket, which integrates seamlessly into the housing and saves space. The two headphone outputs, offering TRS and mini-jack sockets in parallel, have completely separate driver stages to perfectly match low and high impedance headphones, guaranteeing pristine sonic results no matter what type of headphone is used.
- The clever user interface is informative and clearly laid out. It makes access to every feature and configuration mode of the Babyface Pro intuitive and easy to use. Even in stand-alone mode, routing and mixing of inputs to outputs directly on the device opens a whole world of possible applications.
- Babyface Pro's two digitally controlled preamps provide individually switchable 48V phantom power. These brand new circuits feature gain of up to 70 dB, adjustable in steps of 3 dB, plus a relay-driven PAD, resulting in exceptional EIN (Equivalent Input Noise) performance as well as line overload protection, and enough gain for even the lowest level microphones.
- RME Babyface Pro PanelLatest generation low latency AD/DA converters, combined with RME's unique SteadyClock technology, result in exceptional specifications that will satisfy the most demanding of professionals.
- Babyface Pro's incredibly efficient design almost never requires an external power supply - it's perfectly stable on USB 3 bus power, and also most USB 2 ports, with no degradation in any technical specification. This makes it perfect for mobile recording, even with a pair of your favourite condenser microphones.
- The comprehensive feature set continues with an optical TOSLINK I/O; use as either an ADAT port with SMUX support or SPDIF for sessions up to 192 kHz. In combination with an external ADAT converter, the Babyface Pro fully supports 12 analog inputs as well as 12 outputs, making it ideal for both live and studio multitrack applications.
- 12 Input and 12 Output channels
- 4 x Analog Inputs (Mic, Line, Inst)
- 4 x Analog Outputs (2 x XLR, 2 x headphones)
- 1 x ADAT I/O or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x USB 2.0 (USB 3 compatible)
- Digital Gain control on all inputs
- Separate outputs for high and low impedance headphones
- TotalMix FX (with EQ, Reverb, Delay)